• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Skinning Problem - I need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So I was reskinning the Acolyte of original WCIII. My first test (when I had only finished his hood) was fine, but then, after I finished his arm, saved it, converted it and imported it, I could only see the team colours in game.

Have you got any idea what could have caused this (and how to solve it)?

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 130
Level 5
Sadly, that didn't work. It still looks messed up. Maybe I misunderstood you, because my English isn't too well.

What you recommended was:
  • Extracting another Acolyte.tga from the war3.mpq
  • Copying my edited skin over the new .tga
  • Converting the .tga to BLP.
  • Try again.

Is that correct?

Level 3
Sadly, that didn't work. It still looks messed up. Maybe I misunderstood you, because my English isn't too well.

What you recommended was:
  • Extracting another Acolyte.tga from the war3.mpq
  • Copying my edited skin over the new .tga
  • Converting the .tga to BLP.
  • Try again.

Is that correct?

Yeah, I think so. I have no idea what could cause this.

Level 5
Alright, so I've got the same problem with another skin I was editing. It worked fine, until I touched his forehead, then it got all invisible/teamcolor again, even though I was editing it in .bmp and not in .tga.

The problem exists only in WE, in the WC3Viewer the skin works fine.

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
The transparency issue is due to a problem with the alpha channel in the texture. What program and export settings are you using?

If you're using Photoshop, go to the Channels tab (next to the Layers tab). You should find the alpha channel there. The alpha channel tells WC3 (or any other program) what parts of the texture to make transparent. If your entire texture (besides the team colour) is invisible, chances are that it'll be entirely black.

Also make sure if you're exporting to .bmp, you export using the 32bit setting.

Level 5
I use GIMP, and I already checked the Alpha Channel. Those parts where there should be teamcolor are transparent, and the rest is black. Strange thing though, that in my saves which work the alpha channel looks exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.