• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Skin Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i have a major problem.. i reskinned a BM skin:wink:... but than.. when i upload it.. there are buggs that appeared...

1 = There is a strange square around the axe.. that i can't remove
2 = There is the same strange problem.. but around the Cape (or the fur on the side of the head)
3 = The piece of fur .. between the leg have the shape of a square instead.. instead of '' a piece of fur'' :wink:

i tryed to remove those part with the eraser tool in photoshop.. but it didnt work... it even maked it worst... i also tryed to reimport the Skin and to copy the last skin .. in it.. it didnt worked... (Madcat2 try it 2 .. it didnt worked.. and Hawkwing also)

(EVERY THING) worked.. exepte these 3 buggs.. if you have any idea or an other programme or someting... please help me...:sad::cry:

Level 11
Sounds like you messed up the alphachannel. Usually parts of a model like fur oder weapons aren't modeled complete. In most cases the alphachannel ist used. That means, that some parts got an additional layer which make them invisible. The alphachannel ist saved in the texture. If you convert your *.blp to some different as *.tga the alphachannel ist lost.

Level 11
Go and get Photoshop for example. There are several tutorials around this and other pages about adding alphachannels. Google is your friend^^

Status
Not open for further replies.