• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

i am a noobie at skins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
how do u make skin a model of a unit bcuz mine wont work. when i tryed to use the skin it didnt let me use the import manager it only accepts models can some1 help plz!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: :!: o yea same wit the icon

Level 3
i did have the right path it just didnt load the skin all it showed was a green cube :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Level 3
ok ive done the restart the skin doesnt work niehter does the icon the map only accepts models grrrrr :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: help plz!!!!

Level 16
i don't know, this is realy wierd what i do is that i create the skin, i convert it to blp then i import it to the map, then i save the map restarts the WE then starts the map again and the skin works.
btw do you write blp at the end of the path like Textures\Arthas.blp

Level 3
ok ill try wat u 2 have said
i have a mac so i have no idea wat to do wit the wc3 viewer and stuff and i use photoshop 7.0.1

Level 3
ugh im bak from soccer practice
ok sopho ill try it maybe itll have mac tools thx alot!

Level 3
arrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
it doesnt work for the skins...
do i no how to make a skin into a model any1 plz tell me!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Level 21
BaNaNa said:
arrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
it doesnt work for the skins...
do i no how to make a skin into a model any1 plz tell me!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

A skin automatically applies itself to the model it is for (with correct path of course)

Level 3
:? :? :? :? :? uhhhhhhhh my editor doesnt do that so im telling u taht the editor accepts models not plain old skins

Level 3
1. you can't convert a skin into a model. these are two different things
2. if you import a model, you also have to import a skin to apply to the model. the model is the "flesh" of the character/unit/hero/building and the skin is the colouring of the model (thus its name).

now try using a different skin for the same model (there are plenty of those here at wc3search). if it doesnt work and you're sure you did everything right, then i suggest to reinstall warcraft, because in that case your editor would be broken/corrupted or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.