• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

skilled terrainer need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
dont need anything crazy but symetrical

i need a map that is 2 maps in 1...... and that are the same...

i am going for a water/island theme and so i am going to do half the map in deep water and islands.... and the other half (Underwater) but really dirt with coral everywere and seaweed.... with rays and fog....

but the true hard part is if you put an island on the surface... it has to be in the same place underwater.... and it is going to be a custom aos style map... so there is going to be lanes.... was looking for some help and willing to talk about the idea... any takers?

Level 7
wow seriously?

like that would make it easy.... cause i would need to do the same with region... to get them to dive/surface(teleport).... have 2 regions and what ever point they are at on one... they move to the other.... think you can show or tell me how to do that... would be greatly appriecated

Level 7
hmm i opened it up to try it out... but i dont see where the green pick is... think you could tell what it is beside or under what drop down?

Level 7
so one last thing..... is there any way to get both regions perfectly over the portion of the map? or do i have to eye ball it? cause i made a smaller map to play around with it... and if i dived next to an island... sometimes i would dive on top of the island.... which should not be able to happen... if that makes sense... cause i would slightly off... and would mess with it... lol

Level 7
one last thing.... and i would love to hear your input on this... but can you tell me how to set my minimap to only see the surface when the hero is top side... and see underwater when the hero is under water... or should i leave minimap as is showing both surface and underwater??? i have seen it done and i tried replicate it but with no prevail.... and thanks again... this should help make my map even faster.... and with better persission

Level 7
ya i tried that but it worked at first but when you tried to change... it got screwy...oh well and thanks again for all the help... mind telling me on more time on how to rotate the paste? or flip it?

Status
Not open for further replies.