• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] skill shot spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is there any tutorials or tips/advice on how to make a skill shot spell?
I cant seem to find a spell to base off as the best fit i found i shockwave, which passes through unit. I nid a turorial to make spells like POTM arrows or such and hopefully by just using pure triggers. I just nid to learn how to like make the dummy go smoothly. Is there anyway? Because in trigger, theres only move instantly.|
tyvm for help

Level 7
Missle System could help you out.

Or to make it yourself, create a dummy unit.
Give the dummy a fitting spell effect model.
Remember to make the unit fly and change the flying hight.

Upon cast create a dummy for triggering player and order the unit to move to targeted point.

Create a unit variable refering back to your dummy unit and do whatever you want to do with the dummy.
For example you could create another trigger, running all 0.1 seconds and damages anything in 100 range of that dummy.

This was just a very basic explaining on how to do it.
But it's very hard to make it work for multiple units.

Level 4
then how about we use it for our heroes? like how to make our hero dash to a point? I want it to be like blink but blink can go pass wall. is there anyway to make our hero dash? not passing through cliffs( no damage, just a dodge skill )

Also, the skill shot spell how to make the dummy disappear after hitting one enemy? because i could just use Shockwave as my base if i want it to hit multiple. I want it to like just hit the first enemy it encounters

Last edited:
Level 4
erm thanks both of you, but i think i will wait till im better at triggerings to start this skill shot spells. They are kinda hard for me. Anyway, thanks, can someone help me to set this to solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.