• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Create a location from targetted spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So i try to make a GUI spell
Like a meteor fall down from the sky and from the center of explosion it created 8 shockwave to 0,45,90,135,180,225,270,315,360 degrees from the center.

So i tried to use inferno skill for the meteor effect and shockwave to the 8 different points but i don't know how to create a point where the shockwave should be shot

I think its maybe the offset or coordinates things that i should use or maybe location handle. Never use all of that

Can someone give explaination how to do this

• Events
  • Unit - Unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
  • Ability being cast equal to Your_Ability
  • Actions
  • For each Integer Int_Var from 1 to 8 - Do Actions
    • Actions
      • Set Point = Position of Triggering Unit
      • Set Point2 = Point Offset by ShockWave_Range towards 45 X Int_Var degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy at Point for Triggering Player facing Default Building degrees
      • Unit - Add 1.00 seconds expiration timer to Last Created Unit
      • Unit - Order Last Created Unit to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave Point2
      • Custom Script : Call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
      • Custom Script : Call RemoveLocation(udg_Point2)

Last edited:
Level 18
I would prefer to make it in JASS because it's way easier to use coordinates.
Infact, you can get the location of the casted spell, store it into a variable.
Also there is a bug : you cast only 0,45,90,135,180,225,270 and 315. You don't cast 360 since it's the same as 0.

Then we have our point.
Now use the classic formula : to get a point with a known angle, we use cos and sin.

To now where you should cast use this :
Final point = ( Initial Point - X * 10 * Cos( angle ) ; Initial Point - Y * 10 * Sin( angle ) ) !

EDIT : Too late xD !

Maker, sadly, sometimes one dummy can error out (I did have this happened to me once, the dummy just cast the spell once and ignore the rest). I did know Dummy are heavy operation :/ (I guess blame the System). It's better be safe than sorry :)

Anyway :

• Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Dummy at Point for Triggering Player facing Default Building degrees
    • Actions
^Makers way :)

Level 29
Maker, sadly, sometimes one dummy can error out (I did have this happened to me once, the dummy just cast the spell once and ignore the rest). I did know Dummy are heavy operation :/ (I guess blame the System). It's better be safe than sorry :)

Anyway :

• Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Actions
^Makers way :)

Alternatively create 8 hidden dummies to use for this spell at map init.

Then move them all to the center using setunitx/y

Then order them to cast shockwave. This allows only 8 units to be created for this spell for the entire map.

Status
Not open for further replies.