• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell models not modifying through triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So i want to use a custom model for a shocwave (more exactly tauren chieftain - shockwave).

I use the respective shockwave in a trigger for a spell but when i modify it's base model with my new shockwave model the spell using the trigger will still shot normal yellow shockwaves while a tauren chieftan next to the unit triggering the spell will use a modified shockwave.( the one i want).

How can i modify the model of the spell that is being used in the triggeers using the object editor?

Thank in advance.

Level 3
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave TempLoc37

This command alone creates the shockwave for my spell but creates a normal shcokwave insted of one with modified with a special model.

While creating a custom unit and adding the shocwave spell directly to him trhough object editor and using it on it's own will yield a modified shockwave.

Hope this made it a bit more clear.

Level 3
^Because that command is part of a big spell code that triggers random shocwaves so ofc i have to use triggers and this brings me to my problem.

I already told you it does work to use a normal shcokwave with no triggers and modifiy its missle but that is clearly not what i want.I want the spell to use the custom model.

And i want to know how to modify so the trigger will shoot the custom model insted of the normal shockwave.

Level 3
I am not sure what abbility does my trigger use ,or to be precise where is the abbility drawing its models from.At first i thought it uses the base abbility mentioned ( Shockwave tauren chieftan) and i modified both shocwaves that normally you fiind in an editor (Shockwave and Shockwave (Tauren Chieftain) ) just to be sure i get the modifications correctly.

Even all this when i use the command from the triger (unit-cast a spell) it shoots a pure version of the spell regardless of how i modified it in the object editor,this being my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.