• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shockwave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
How do i make a shockwave stop after hitting a unit? not going further and damaging more units. Ive tried setting maximum damage to the amount of damage it deals, didnt work.

And were do i find the trigger useable spell for shockwave? there is no "tauren chieftain-shockwave" or "neutral hostile-shockwave."

Level 5
Maybe you can try stormbolt but change the effect to shockwave so it only attacks a unit and theres a trigger use-able spell for storm bolt.

Well :S i rather want it to be point targeted, not unit targeted.
and i found the trigger-thing for shockwave, (was looking at "issue order targeting a unit")

Level 15
I made a skill like this before...I changed it up to fit your situation. It requires 1 dummy unit and 6 variables..

VacuousBuddhaSlash - Unit
VacuousBuddhaSlash_Target - Point
VacuousBuddhaSlashCaster - Point
AlreadyDamaged - Unit Group
Asakura_Yoh - Unit
DamageUnitGroup - Unit Group

Those names can be changed once you finish creating the triggers, that's just the basic run-down.

• Vacuous Buddha Slash
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Vacuous Buddha-Slash
    • Actions
      • Set Asakura_Yoh = (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Vaccuous Buddha-Slash for (Owner of Asakura_Yoh) at (Position of Asakura_Yoh) facing (Facing of Asakura_Yoh) degrees
      • Set VacuousBuddhaSlashCaster = (Position of Asakura_Yoh)
      • Set VacuousBuddhaSlash = (Last created unit)
      • Set VacuousBuddhaSlash_Target = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Trigger - Add to Vacuous Buddha Slash Group Removing <gen> the event (Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of VacuousBuddhaSlash)
      • Trigger - Turn on Vacuous Buddha Slash Damage <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Vacuous Buddha Slash Group Removing <gen>
      • Wait 1.50 seconds
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (VacuousBuddhaSlash is alive) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Remove VacuousBuddhaSlash from the game
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_VacuousBuddhaSlash_Target)
      • Trigger - Turn off Vacuous Buddha Slash Damage <gen>
  • Vacuous Buddha Slash Damage
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move VacuousBuddhaSlash instantly to ((Position of VacuousBuddhaSlash) offset by 20.00 towards (Angle from VacuousBuddhaSlashCaster to VacuousBuddhaSlash_Target) degrees)
      • Set DamageUnitGroup = (Units within 260.00 of (Position of VacuousBuddhaSlash) matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Asakura_Yoh)) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is in AlreadyDamaged) Equal to False)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in DamageUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause Asakura_Yoh to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real((Level of Vacuous Buddha-Slash for Asakura_Yoh))) x ((Real((Strength of Asakura_Yoh (Include bonuses)))) + (Real((Agility of Asakura_Yoh (Include bonuses)))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to AlreadyDamaged
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_DamageUnitGroup)
  • Vacuous Buddha Slash Group Removing
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove VacuousBuddhaSlash from the game
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in AlreadyDamaged and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from AlreadyDamaged
      • Trigger - Turn off Vacuous Buddha Slash Group Removing <gen>

Status
Not open for further replies.