• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sketchfab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey

So I was trying to link to Sketchfabs's real time render via bb codes. But it doesn't work.
I'm guessing it has something to do with Hive not being setup to show the Sketchfab render?
Like fx. Youtube videos can be embeded.

If you don't know what Sketchfab is.
It's a website where you can upload models with textures to showcase the in real time, much like the 3D viewer we have got here.
Sketchfab - Your 3D content online and in VR.

So I was thinking if it is possible to get an embeded Sketchfab render to work here?

(I have no idea if what goes behind this so I just throw words in there I think makes sense.)

Reactions: pyf
Incase this will help. This is the IFRAME embed and the BBCode embed I get.

IFRAME:

<div class="sketchfab-embed-wrapper"><iframe width="640" height="480" src="Stylized Brick Wall" frameborder="0" allowvr allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" onmousewheel=""></iframe>

<p style="font-size: 13px; font-weight: normal; margin: 5px; color: #4A4A4A;">
<a href="Stylized Brick Wall by solu9 - 3D model" target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">Stylized Brick Wall</a>
by <a href="solu9 on Sketchfab" target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">solu9</a>
on <a href="Sketchfab - Your 3D content online and in VR." target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">Sketchfab</a>
</p>
</div>

BB Code:

Stylized Brick Wall by solu9 on Sketchfab

Level 17
You would probably have to have some really old hardware.
One that is way past any reasonable expectations of its life expectancy.
But I guess there are some people out there who did not upgrade in the last 10 years or something.

Still, it would be pretty useful to have Sketchfab going as long as the implementation is easy.
It would be pretty cool to have a way to show around models and WIPs in threads, from what I know the hive model viewer only works with uploaded resources and does not work in the same window if you link to it.

Level 29
It might be worth pointing out, Sketchfab will not work with some combinations of (old) hardware and software. Even though WebGL.org reports one's browser supports WebGL, and the spinning cube displays properly.

BlacklistsAndWhitelists - WebGL Public Wiki

Generally irrelevant.
Affected hardware almost always consists of old bad laptops.

The Hive's viewer is far, far less compatible nowadays, and I've only seen a single person this might have affected (not even sure about that).

Move on with the times.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
You would probably have to have some really old hardware.
One that is way past any reasonable expectations of its life expectancy.
But I guess there are some people out there who did not upgrade in the last 10 years or something.
Laptop with an Intel I915GM chipset

Is it dead? Well, it was coughing up blood last night. :wink:

Upgrading would ruin my fun. Plus I am not interested in playing modern 3D games anyway.

Generally irrelevant.
Affected hardware almost always consists of old bad laptops.

The Hive's viewer is far, far less compatible nowadays, and I've only seen a single person this might have affected (not even sure about that).

Move on with the times.

As a general rule, Intel's poor OpenGL support is the culprit.

The fact I have trouble with Sketchfab (or the Hive's viewer) on my laptop, does not mean I do not want that feature to be implemented. Quite the contrary in fact.

OSMesa rendering in software mode might do the trick for me? Maybe I will check that out...

I already have a few 3D model viewers installed which suit my needs:
- UE Viewer
- Noesis
- Jed's Half-Life Model Viewer
- MD2 viewer by chUmbaLum sOft
- 3D Object Converter
...and more.

If I wanted to move on with the times, I would not be here. WC3 is such an old game after all... :grin:

In case one wants to test his hardware/software for full WebGL conformance:
WebGL Conformance Tests
Demo Repository - WebGL Public Wiki (a few demos might blink the first time they are run, for no apparent reason)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.