1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Sketchfab

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Solu9, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Solu9

Solu9

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey

So I was trying to link to Sketchfabs's real time render via bb codes. But it doesn't work.
    I'm guessing it has something to do with Hive not being setup to show the Sketchfab render?
    Like fx. Youtube videos can be embeded.

If you don't know what Sketchfab is.
    It's a website where you can upload models with textures to showcase the in real time, much like the 3D viewer we have got here.
    Sketchfab - Your 3D content online and in VR.

So I was thinking if it is possible to get an embeded Sketchfab render to work here?

(I have no idea if what goes behind this so I just throw words in there I think makes sense.)

2. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks cool! Can I move this thread to Site Discussion? Perhaps someone can find out or knows how to embed it.

3. Solu9

Solu9

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah sure man. Go ahead.

Edit:
    By the way. Good job deciphering what I wrote. After reading it again... well yeah ^^

4. Solu9

Solu9

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Incase this will help. This is the IFRAME embed and the BBCode embed I get.

IFRAME:

<div class="sketchfab-embed-wrapper"><iframe width="640" height="480" src="Stylized Brick Wall" frameborder="0" allowvr allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" onmousewheel=""></iframe>

<p style="font-size: 13px; font-weight: normal; margin: 5px; color: #4A4A4A;">
    <a href="Stylized Brick Wall by solu9 - 3D model" target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">Stylized Brick Wall</a>
    by <a href="solu9 on Sketchfab" target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">solu9</a>
    on <a href="Sketchfab - Your 3D content online and in VR." target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">Sketchfab</a>
    </p>
    </div>

BB Code:

5. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I don't think it works.
    Mr Chieftain would probably have to install a plugin or create a custom bb code.

Actually, seems someone was already looking for a solution on XenForo specifically.
    So I suppose we could do the same.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  6. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hola guys. I will work on this now and hopefully we will have something up and running soon. :cgrin:

7. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It might be worth pointing out, Sketchfab will not work with some combinations of (old) hardware and software. Even though WebGL.org reports one's browser supports WebGL, and the spinning cube displays properly.

BlacklistsAndWhitelists - WebGL Public Wiki

8. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You would probably have to have some really old hardware.
    One that is way past any reasonable expectations of its life expectancy.
    But I guess there are some people out there who did not upgrade in the last 10 years or something.

Still, it would be pretty useful to have Sketchfab going as long as the implementation is easy.
    It would be pretty cool to have a way to show around models and WIPs in threads, from what I know the hive model viewer only works with uploaded resources and does not work in the same window if you link to it.

9. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Generally irrelevant.
    Affected hardware almost always consists of old bad laptops.

The Hive's viewer is far, far less compatible nowadays, and I've only seen a single person this might have affected (not even sure about that).

Move on with the times.

10. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Laptop with an Intel I915GM chipset

Is it dead? Well, it was coughing up blood last night. :wink:

Upgrading would ruin my fun. Plus I am not interested in playing modern 3D games anyway.

As a general rule, Intel's poor OpenGL support is the culprit.

The fact I have trouble with Sketchfab (or the Hive's viewer) on my laptop, does not mean I do not want that feature to be implemented. Quite the contrary in fact.

OSMesa rendering in software mode might do the trick for me? Maybe I will check that out...

I already have a few 3D model viewers installed which suit my needs:
    - UE Viewer
    - Noesis
    - Jed's Half-Life Model Viewer
    - MD2 viewer by chUmbaLum sOft
    - 3D Object Converter
    ...and more.

If I wanted to move on with the times, I would not be here. WC3 is such an old game after all... :grin:

In case one wants to test his hardware/software for full WebGL conformance:
    WebGL Conformance Tests
    Demo Repository - WebGL Public Wiki (a few demos might blink the first time they are run, for no apparent reason)

11. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I didn't want to keep this tab open anymore, so I created the BB code.

12. Solu9

Solu9

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah. That's pretty nice. So all there is to it is to copy the generated BB code and paste it in your post?

13. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  14. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Pretty much. ^_^