• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding a 3D viewer to the Media section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Greetings to HIVE staff, I've came up with this idea lately, the Idea is that people would upload actual models into the media, with added feature for HIVE members to view it in 3D with all of it's animations. (The same viewer we have in the resource section)

Things to consider:
-People may want privacy, so adding a feature to disallow download of uploaded models is welcomed.
-I've noticed that there's 2 HIVE 3D viewers, the normal one and the "Beta" one, the only difference I noticed is that Buildings render correctly in the "Beta" one.

Just some more stuff to media section.
-Ability to add multiple images to one media post, so they look like a collage of sorts.
-A more visible description option, the small text right underneath the name is not very visible, and I think often goes unnoticed.
(Caption goes unnoticed even more I think)

Now, I don't know if any of these are possible or not, but these are just ideas, that in my humble opinion will improve the HIVE experience.

Thanks for your attention, Maximal out.

Status
Not open for further replies.