• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Site isn't veyr active is it? with how many mems there are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
theres a estimate of 40,000 members(to make it simple I know theres 45 thousand)

with the amount of active members compared to how many there are, only around 23% of the members are active on the forum. Has anyone realized this?

Level 12
Yea I know all that, I just thought it was interesting that about 23% of the accounts are actually being used. so that's a lot of inactive/spammed/bot accounts. yea this site is still pretty active.

Level 12
10,199 to be exact, and yea I know this site is still pretty active, but compared to the amount, this site is majority full of non active users(this includes bots and shit)

Level 9
I have found a bunch of accounts with 0 posts, all with a similar name.
I can't remember exactly the repeating part, they were something like
Iamthebest_Arthas
Iamthebest_Illidan
Iamthebest_King
Iamthebest_Dark Killer
Iamthebest_SoniC

and so on!
But the repeating part wasn't "Iamthebest_", it was another name

Level 13
Someone should create a bot to delete inactive accounts after a year o so, beacause I've visited loads of profiles which last activity was in 2006, posts = 0 and join date 2005 D:

EDIT: redmarine's idea is good too.

Level 21
why? whats the point of doing that? all that would is reduce our statistics of joining members. do you think sites like slashdot and digg delete the thousands of members they get who never post? of course they dont, its more hassle than its worth, and it makes the site look less popular to tracking sites.

Level 19
why? whats the point of doing that? all that would is reduce our statistics of joining members. do you think sites like slashdot and digg delete the thousands of members they get who never post? of course they dont, its more hassle than its worth, and it makes the site look less popular to tracking sites.

I was saying removing those who haven't posted anything within 3 days or registration. It'll just remove those accounts who aren't even used and let those who have posted in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.