• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SinisterX's ElvenMagicTower Fix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
(DL Link at the bottom)

So, some people out there may know about this model from SinisterX's Blood Elf Building Pack.

And those who know about that would know that the portrait was seriously fucked up and the Overhead Attachment points were bad too. I have fixed those.

I don't know how to contact SinisterX, so I don't know how to ask his permission.

So for now, I think I'll go ahead and put this here and if someone tells me to take it down, I'll do that.

If someone knows how to contact him, lemme know.

Onto what I actually fixed/changed -

Each Portrait for each Stand Animation had no meshes visible other then the actual tower base.

The Portrait Camera was very sloppily set up, even if the portraits were in working order you couldn't see most of it.

The Arcane Tower stand animation didn't even have a portrait for it.

And finally, the attachment points have been adjusted for each Stand Animation so that for each one it's not too high and not too low. (I only tested it with Magic Sentry, however. I don't know about other overhead effects.)

EDIT: I also fixed the "Cannon" Tower playing the Archer Tower's animation instead of it's own when attacking.

And as a misc thing, I did one thing to improve the model. I added the DustParticle which plays during the build animation to the upgrade animation as well. I think it looks nice. =)

DL Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?bc5821p6tnauu6b

Last edited:
Level 12
Good, and have you also fixed the "cannon" tower bug?

I did fix that, and it should be with this model, but if it's not I can go ahead and do that real quick. It's not really a big mistake, the animation is just named the wrong thing...xD

EDIT: Yeah, it is there.

EDIT 2:

For the best results with the projectiles, set the Tower's Art - Projectile Launch - Z For the Guard Tower, set it to ~250. For the Cannon Tower, set it to ~265. For the Arcane Tower, ~275.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.