• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Single Player Arena Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Pit Fighters Campaign
Theme: "Pulp Fighting Fantasy"

Fight Ideas
I have just had an idea about making a campaign about underground arena or pit fights. You're a businessman, slave dealer, and you bet on fights. As the campaign progresses, you come to new arenas, meet spectacular opponents, buy/sell fighters, and train those you have. Ofcourse you also get to control your fighters, and each fight should be very unique like an original, progressive and tense bossfight, and even with special tactics and puzzles integrated in every fight. The arenas shall have interesting concepts and level designs, and I intend the arena to be as important as the combatants: In the fights, you will use the arena very tactically. Lethal features like spikes, crushers, flamers, lava, snare traps, pendulum blades, chain lightning emitters - anything dangerous - are core. The game is heavilly weighed on meat grinding violence, though powerups may be dropped into the arena by someone outside, and defensive arena features aren't completely illegal.

I'm looking for specific arena and opponent ideas with some backstory; I'd like to weave a dramatical unfolding plot around the fighting. Your fighters may team up, or one may participate in a 1-on-1 fight; you may even get the punishment of having to set two of your fighters up against each others. You are extremely welcome to throw your ideas into the ring; I want to hear your advice and creative ideas. Also ideas for specific fighters and their abilities, significant and filler opponents and their abilities. Arena-specific opponents might have abilities that use and are directly connected to the arena itself, like activating traps, teleporters, and whatnot within the arena. Lose yourselves; I wish to be creatively outmatched here in my own thread-post-pit.

Level 7
Cave Troll STR
Description : Captured by the dwarfs in the freezing land of Dun Morogh, the Cave Troll has been send to make the people of Azeroth laugh and at the same time enjoy. With an immense strength he crushes any enemy that tries to face him in the arena.

Spells

Wall Crash Active
With his immense power, the Cave Troll simply grabs the walls of the arena and crashes them on his enemies. Deals X damage and stuns for X seconds.

Collapse Passive
While he crashes the walls on his enemies, there is a X % chance that other parts of the arena structure might fall on the players as well dealing X damage and stuns for 0.15 seconds.

Cave Scream Active
The Cave Troll intimidates his enemies, causing them to run away in fear for X seconds. While scared, the enemy units receive X% more damage.

Rage of the Untamed Active
The Cave Troll losses his minds, attacking without mercy and an unstoppable force. Increases his attack speed by X % and damage by X % for X seconds. When the effect is over, the Troll becomes exhausted. While in this state, it's attack speed is reduced by % and movement speed by X %.

The X is for you to replace with numbers. Good luck with your project !

Status
Not open for further replies.