• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] simple spell changing help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm trying to make the spell death pact target any type of unit, not just undead, and life drain affect allies as well? Changing targets does not do anything
also, im trying to make an explode on death spell, but when i use the "Explode on Death: Goblin Sapper" as the base spell, no icon appears for the hero's abilities
thanks in advance

Level 5
For the spells, I think you would need to base it on another spell like Channel and trigger the effects, cause they're hardcoded.

For the Explode on Death : Goblin Sapper, you would need to make a dummy with no effects (like bash, set targets to none) and add the Explode on Death : Goblin Sapper using triggers.

• Explode on Death
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Explode on Death : Goblin Sapper (Dummy)
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Explode on Death : Goblin Sapper to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Increase level of Explode on Death : Goblin Sapper for (Triggering unit)

• Death Pact
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Death Pact(custom)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + (100.00 x ((Real((Level of Death Pact(custom) for (Triggering unit)))) x (Percentage life of (Target unit of ability being cast)))))%
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathPact\DeathPactCaster.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathPact\DeathPactTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Unit - Kill (Target unit of ability being cast)
Hmm...dunno if the first line works(its the most important)

ok lets just make a test, lets say that the level of ability is 2 and %of life of targeted unit is 50%..

so the formula goes:
100 * 2 * 50% = 200 * 50 = 10 000 D:
Not good D:
Well I'm to sleepy to rethink this today, but you get the idea..

Status
Not open for further replies.