• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple "Magic Missle"-type spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im actually quite suprised that there isn't a bolt-type magic spell in War3 that doesn't have timed effects on it (other than arrow type spells), or that simply does damage. The closest I've gotten is to take shadow strike and set its duration to 0.01. + Even when you set duration to 0, it sets the effect to infinite.

Basically, is there a spell that simply does damage to a single target with no other effects but damage to the target?

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

Basically, is there a spell that simply does damage to a single target with no other effects but damage to the target?

finger of death/pain? reffering to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
Sort of, but you have to get the timing of the spell visual effect just right, otherwise you'll either see the effect die to quickly or just sit there on the enemy targeted.
Basically more like Shadow strike where it is a projectile, not an instant effect, that ONLY does damage.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Surprisingly, with the plethora of abilities, there isn't a single base ability with a missile that doesn't have some (de)buff associated with it.

Even the simple ones (fireball/stone throw/etc) have a Stun. FoP/D is instantaneous (no missile). Etc etc... It'd be real nice if that could come in a Patch or something

Level 4
Yeah, Kyrbi0, you got the idea of what I'm talking about. I want something that has no debuff attached to it.

Level 4
This is a request, but no one understood what I was saying, so it kinda turned into a question. Basically, one of my characters in the map Im making needs a spell like this.

Level 22
This is a request, but no one understood what I was saying, so it kinda turned into a question. Basically, one of my characters in the map Im making needs a spell like this.
Since this is a request, try to use that missile system IcemanBo has provided.
You always could go forward and take usage of triggers. BPower for example made a good example for a Missle System: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/missile-gui-version-1-6-1.275718/

As Kybri0 said, "there isn't a single base ability with a missile that doesn't have some (de)buff associated with it."
So you have to make it with triggers. The easy way is to use that missile system then add the stun part by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.