• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple: Brainless AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I would like to have a completely brainless AI that does NOTHING when I set an open player slot to Computer (Any Difficulty).

I suppose this is simple to do, yes?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Level 8
In spite of having that function removed, I can still see Computer controlled units being affected.

For instance: Units with low health run back towards town halls.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Make the controller to neutral

Level 8
If a player slot is turned to Neutral it has no enemies/allies.

In that case I would like it to stay as a Computer.

Level 8
Seems the AI you gave me is not quite brainless. It made a lot of movement happen among a lot of units - More than a standard Meele AI.

Not sure if I imported it wrong, or if there's an error in the AI?

Seems the AI you gave me is not quite brainless. It made a lot of movement happen among a lot of units - More than a standard Meele AI.

Not sure if I imported it wrong, or if there's an error in the AI?

Sorry I haven't tested it out yet. I will edit this post shortly. :)

Edit: Download the new BrainlessAI.wai file, import it, then do these triggers as shown in the image attachment.

PS: If you want it to have enemies then create additional trigger that makes Player 1 an enemy to player 2. You also have to remove "Use Melee AI for Computer Players trigger".

Attachments

• BrainlessAI.zip
    128 bytes · Views: 52
  • Trig0001.png
    Trig0001.png
    9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I already gave you the solution.

If the neutrality on a neutral player bothers you, assign the alliances yourself via Trigger Editor.

And there's no need to assign genin's A Void's scripts to your map.

Level 8
If the neutrality on a neutral player bothers you, assign the alliances yourself via Trigger Editor.

I tried using:
  • Player - Make Player 12 (Brown) treat Player 1 (Red) as an Enemy
It doesn't appear as an enemy in the game. I tried with both Map Initial and Time Elapsed event. Both cases it's still "neutral".

Seems that trick is no longer available.

Level 8
Sorry I haven't tested it out yet. I will edit this post shortly. :)

Edit: Download the new BrainlessAI.wai file, import it, then do these triggers as shown in the image attachment.

PS: If you want it to have enemies then create additional trigger that makes Player 1 an enemy to player 2. You also have to remove "Use Melee AI for Computer Players trigger".

I did as you instructed. However I still have same problem :/

Did you reupload a new AI file? Or can I still use the old one?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'll try and keep testing a few things.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

You need to do it both ways and voila! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.