• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SilentVertigo, Modding team in need of members...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
EDIT:
The team name has been changed to DSM Warcraft, as I've found out that there is already a team called Silent Vertigo.

Greetings, fellow mappers!
DSM Warcraft is a newly formed modding team in a lack of members for a project which is planed to break some map records and bring in some new stuff into the world of WC3 Modding.

I am posting this in a hope to find mappers who are willing to be part of an RPG project, called "Lands of Sylmorn".

Lands of Sylmorn is a game which is under construction, an actual RPG game by DSMaX, a programmer team wipe from UbiSoft, settled in Hungary. I am a designer and programmer in the team and I decided to make a WC3 Mod from the main Story of the game.

About the Project:

- The map is going to be in an RPG style, as big as possible and most likely have off maps in Campaign style.

- It is going to a Single Player map, of course.

- The main goal of this project is to break the so far record of DSM Warcraft maps, to make the yet longest play-through map ever, but still fun all the way.

- The record of the longest play-through is 28 h 34 min.

- We are planing to make at least 36-48 hours of play-through.

- The map will use a 3rd Person System made by me.
Details :
The 3rd person view contains arrow key movement, jump, attack on button press. Trying avoid mouse click use as much as possible in movement.

The camera is built he way if you approach a wall, and it's on your right, the camera pulls a bit to the left automatically, so that it does not enter into the wall - and vice-versa.
I had a long time to make this work.
I am working now to make the attack currently.

This view and a good ambient terrain will make the players feel that they are in the world actually.

- A system of life-conditions is in progress, heat / hunger / thirst / fatigue will be checked all the time to make the gameplay more realistic.

Resources so far :

- I am using over 300 - 400 + Custom models made by various THW artists.
A huge thanks to all of the modelers over the world, we mappers would be nothing without you.

- Custom sounds made by me and my brother. (I'm a sound technician and a programmer in Real Life)

About the World :

“It has been shattered apart…
Storylines will flew into one,
One day.
Once, everyone lived together,
For each other!
The rays of war have made us separate.
The pieces must be reunited,
And so the Light can cover again,
The plagued lands…”

Sylver ame Teu,
High D.Disciple of Dilogus,
The 3147th year of the Eagle

" And so it happened… When these lands were in dark times, Geona, the goddess of fate made a choice. She wanted to help the people, to help the living. The Talisman has been created… By the creation of this sacred artifact, the Years of Sorrow has ended, and the Years of Light has begun. The power of the Talisman was strong, to powerful. For almost 7.000 years, the people lived in peace, in happiness. The artifact attracted the power hungry, and after 7.000 years, the war started again, bringing the Dilogus to the Age of the Eagle. For years, the war last, destroying lands… destroying everything in its way. In the beginning of the war, the Talisman was taken to the tower of Anoera, to be protected with magical forces. It didn’t helped. The war reached it - evil sorcerers got their hands on it. And again, the world was near to loose its balance. The only way to survive was to ask the Goddess Geona for help. The 3147th year of the Eagle was the year of the separate. Before any act could be done, the Talisman has been shattered apart to six pieces. Each of them has been hidden from power hungry minions. Each part has its own weapon symbol. By collecting all the pieces and bringing them to one place can reunite the talisman and end The years of the Crow. "

The young adventurers who dare to try to find the parts of this artifact a long way of adventuring awaits.

Beside the main story, there will be lot's of sidequests and other things, so we accept writers also.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team Status :

• Syleona : Terrainer, Triggerer, Designer, Writer, Sound Technician.

• TheBroken : Triggerer, Terrainer

• Vertical : Terrainer, Writer

• Lux : Triggerer, Designer, Terrainer, Concept Artist

• Craka_J : Writer, Terrainer, Designer, Concept Artist

• redscores : Spell Triggerer , Triggerer, Editor

• operator : Triggerer

• †-Revellion-† : Writer

• madcat2 : Skinner

• Simon559 : Object / Item Editor

• Daedin : Triggerer

Available Slots:

• Modeler

We only need one or two modelers, and we are full.
The other spots are filled, sorry for all those who didn't made it in.

Contact me on MSN:
[email protected]
or here, at THW.

Best, for all of you...
Respect and Regards ~ Christina.

EDIT:
The team name has been changed to DSM Warcraft, as I've found out that there is already a team called Silent Vertigo.

Last edited:
Level 25
You know I'm in! :wink:

Applying as:
  • 3D Terrainer.
  • Storyline Writer.
  • Game Design.
  • Concept Artist.

And here are three example terrains of mine that I think will help me be approved:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

~Craka_J

Level 7
I've checked some of your maps, and you seem as a good triggerer.
TheBroken and Vertikal also agreed for you to be in.

Welcome aboard.

Lux

Lux

Level 2
Good day to you and thank you in advance for the time you are investing in reading my short resume.

Your project has piqued my interest, so I thought that I would post here and inform you that I am interested in occupying a position on the team (provided, of course, a position is available). I have dabbled with Warcraft's World Editor since the release of Reign of Chaos. I will be frank: I have never released anything, largely because I am nearly always dissatisfied with the results I obtain with my personal Warcraft projects. However, years of tinkering in the World Editor have given me a broad base of knowledge regarding its functionality. As a result, I know how to deal with GUI triggers, I can produce reasonable terrains, and I am currently trying to master skinning techniques.

I must confess, however, that I would feel best suited as a writer and concept designer. I master three languages other than English, so I feel reasonably confident about my ability to translate the project, in part or in full, if it becomes necessary to do so. I am a prolific reader in all four languages. I have reasonable drawing skills, so I can produce landscape or character sketches of average quality. If it is required of me to do so, I can produce a sample of fiction. I have published small works of fiction related to Blizzard's franchises on a specific forum, although that was a long time ago and my skills have evolved significantly since. One of my better works spawned a whole new "genre" on said forum; although the fiction was left incomplete, several authors have expanded and reinterpreted the story.

Please send me a private message or leave a reply in this post if you are interested. If I have time, I will attach some samples of various works to this post: I hope it is not a requirement, because I have plenty of Physics problem sets to complete. Otherwise, I'll see what I can do.

Lux

Edit: I'm not inspired enough to try and draft a story, so I put together a modest terraining example instead. I'm pretty happy about how the tower came out, but the texture of the ground below it is somewhat sloppy. I gave myself about forty-five minutes between assignments to do this, but I spent most of it on the structure itself. I've recently completed The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, hence the theme. No custom models were used. Anyways, I have attached it to this post.

Attachments

• Ganondorf's Fortress Sized.jpg
    Ganondorf's Fortress Sized.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Level 7
Well guys, I have some info... ^^
The map may be still on, but my idea is also reworked into an actual New Generation MMORPG game. Yes, you see it right. Another game.
It has been accepted by a group of developers called DSM (Dragon Sim Max) from Hungary.

So, this map will be great =)

It was paused so far, but I am willing to continue it.
If you are with me, and still want to, of course.

So,
Lux, your resume is impressive. I like it.

Operator, we do need triggerers, so it would a good thing to have you.

†-Revellion-†, absolutely. I would need you for sure =)

Also, if you have MSN, please contact me.
It's hard to talk this way...
[email protected]

Thank you!

Level 7
Update :

The Map project is full back online.
I made a screenshot about the in-game view of the character.

PRNTSCRN.jpg

Lux

Lux

Level 2
I'm glad you liked it. Anyways, do send any assignments you want me to work on to me through a Private Message.

Lux

Level 7
All right.

I have updated the team list...
Currently we are only in a need for a modeler(s).
Thou we do have a lot of models already, you newer know when you'll need
something, and you realize that you don't have it. =)

Level 7
Well, as I've noticed that the people are quite busy and not really interested in this, I am closing the project recruitment thread and the project too. I might continue it some other time, when people are going to be interested more...
But that's just a maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.