• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

silence field values

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
with the ability "Silence", does anybody know whether or not the "Attack Speed Modifier" and "Movement Speed Modifier" lower said quality when positive? :?
ex: if the field "Attack speed modifier" is 1, does it lower attack speed by 1 percent (100 percent even?), or raise it? i would like to know this for both attack and speed. :?
also, for the speed value is it talking about literal (directly changes speed, ex: increases running speed by 50) or percentage (changes by a certain percent)?
if u answer thx in advance

Level 4
The formula is:

Attack/Movement Speed = 100% + (100% * Modifier)

At least, for movement speed...I'd guess attack speed works the same. So for example, I have a Disarm ability in my map that (among other things) reduces movement speed by 10/20/30/40/50%, with the values of -0.10, -0.20, -0.30, -0.40, -0.50.

Level 24
okay but you only use values like .1 and .55 (for 10% and 55% respectively) when it actually says (%) at the end of the field name
that helps tho ty very much

Level 4
Blizzard's descriptions are pretty inconsistant, but yeah, this is a case where decimal percentages are used. There's many data fields for spells that are listed as a % and use decimals, and I think there's some that say they're a % and use integers (10, 50, 100 etc). Just have to figure out each one by trial and error :)

Level 24
lol agreed
well if ur right about whether it's whole or decimal values for the modifiers on silence then i'm sorry if i kinda sounded pushy or anything (i don't know but after thinking about it it seemed kind of... i don't know
:? )
lol well anyways i did get speeds i liked so it's all good anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.