• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shrunkan Grenade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
"This is what I stuff under your pillow if you F with me......"

This was a weapon I kinda thought of back in the day then I decided to make a 3d model out of it. I woulden't call this a WIP becuase its pretty much finished maybe add at texture and optimize it but as you can tell way to high poly for warcraft 3 (maybe for hl-2?.)

How it works:

Basicly this transparent grenade holds a 18 diamand edged Shuriken(ninja stars!). Ounce the pin is pulled the magnetic coil(the top gold ring) begins to cuase the blades to rotate. In about 6 seconds a small charge explodes destroying the much softer metal core holding the Shurikens in place cuasing them to fly in all directions.

Attachments

• shrapnal grenade.JPG
    shrapnal grenade.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 164
  • shrapnal grenade2.JPG
    shrapnal grenade2.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Level 45
Ever heard of a pin grenade? they are farrrrr more effective, and they have like over 1k pins spreading in EVERY direction. Im not exactly sure thats their name though. Ball bearing bombs are nasty too, who the hell wants to be turned into bite sized pieces by marbles?

Creative, but i think the Shuriken thing is abit cheap and...odd..
maybe something like a Shuriken? like those razor wheels with yummy serrated edges.(since they tear through flesh, Shuriken were made to dig/sit in.)

Level 8
those ball bearing grenades you are talking about are acutly plastic balls they use in high secerity prisons to break up riots, there not steel balls but if you wan't steel balls look at a claymore :p.

I also haven't animated the model besides acourse a simple animation of how it works. Hopfuly when I get DSL I can put this beast in say....Counter-Strike Scource? lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.