• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Showing All Players Hero Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello all,

I've noticed in some RPGs (like the Diablo 3 RPG) that it shows all the players hero icons at the top left corner. I was assuming that this was some sort of trick that has to do with Ally Properties and Forces, and after some research and looking through code, I am pretty sure I am on the right track.

I've dabbled around with code (much more familiar with jass/vjass than gui) but I still can't seem to get the proper results :/ I have tried adding players to forces and all those fun things to do with shared control. Would anyone happen to be able to tell me, like in a list, the things that need to be done for this and then I could try to write code for each step? I would much rather learn how to write this than to just copy and paste a code snippet, but at this point I am not even sure how this is done in these games.

-enyeas

Level 3
Yeah, I know that much :p but that's not the result I want. In the games like Diablo 3 RPG it shows the icons without giving shared access of units. So I am trying to find a way to... negate that? Without doing something like "if a player clicks on another players unit, select somethin else"

Level 12
The easiest way is to turn "advanced shared units" on, then turn "shared units" off. That way you won't be able to control them, but you will still have working hero icons.

EDIT: this is what I mean:
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - For (Picked player), turn Full shared units On toward (Player((Integer A)))
          • Player - For (Picked player), turn Shared units Off toward (Player((Integer A)))

Level 3
Thanks, I will try that out now :)

Edit: Awesome! That works, but it also puts a Team Resources multiboard up, is there a way to get rid of that?

Edit2: I meant, besides the "hide all multiboards" thing. I may use multiboards later in my map. I tried hiding the last created multiboard immediately after but it didn't seem to work.

Level 3
Oh Okay, good to know! Multiboards are kind of that last thing on my list of things to learn so i'm a little apprehensive and don't understand too much about them.

Thank you!

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
Oh Okay, good to know! Multiboards are kind of that last thing on my list of things to learn so i'm a little apprehensive and don't understand too much about them.

Thank you!
Yeah, I never got into multiboards, either. To me it just doesn't fit in with the overall WarCraft 3 interface (not aesthetically interesting). I like StarCraft 2's millions better.

Status
Not open for further replies.