• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Show the Art [improve the site] - VGsatomi is still needed !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I think I´m speaking for all artists of this side:

Why isn´t the Art submissions shown in all profiles ... I think it would be great if they are inclueded. I know there is a function under your picture, but only in posts.

Hope I´m not the only one who cares and that´s maybe it´ll "added".

I´m sorry if this was already posted or discussed and denied ...

-Elvorith

Level 3
Great idea!!

I like that, i sometimes glance at the art section, but what you wanna do would put more interest into the mind of others. Also maybe we could do picture of the week/month! But like i said, thats a good idea1!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ki

Ki

Level 7
I really hadn't noticed that it wasn't there before. I agree that it should be added. I havne't commented on your art before, but I must say that it is simply astonishing. It very much so deserves a spot in your profile, although I doubt it will happen considering Darky does all the scripting for the website.

Level 45
for years i have battled attention for the art section, but the death(possibly cuz of hes diabetes) or in-activity of the art-mod elfwarfare has drained it away to a drull state.
i do wish for more power to us artists, for art alone supports models,skins,etc by skills of an artist.
I am dreaded by the mistreatmeant of the art gallery, and i hope the new artists and their opinions will change what i see and other to what iv been waiting to see for so long.
seeing Crazyrussian and Elvorith gave hope to my heart, even though my skills r mearge, its the only hobby in which makes me proud, and im sure others see it that way too with themselves.

Maybe someone or vg can ask for somebody's help with the scripts, like Vexorian or Tim. for example.

Ki

Ki

Level 7
Maybe someone or vg can ask for somebody's help with the scripts, like Vexorian or Tim.

I doubt Vexorian will do it. I don't know about Tim.

But yeah, Werewulf, Crazyrussian, and Elvorith do dominate the art section. I think that the reason art isn't as popular as everything else is simply because it has less use for map making.

I will support anything art related that whould give me expirience in concept art making.

I whould make strict rules for icons, models and art. Then people whouldn't post crapy icons, or stupid blury art images, and badly rendered models.

Because now this place is a big junk bin, people post everything.
Why is Blizzard's art gallery is so fuсking good? Because they pick the good images!!!

Level 45
i agree with you C.R, but we still also have to encourage them but not scare them away, but i am sick of people posting sora or Dbz art crap, some people even mass upload 10 images of crappy edits of samwises work or badly taken and cropped screenshots.
And for models, i guess the only active mods there r good old pal mecheon and Vg.
and for skins, well.. vg.
This place needs new Mod recruiting, and C.R and Elvorith are up for my vote to be Art mods.

Art links with models,skins and LS so its not useless, anyway, hopefully this thread will make art take a stand for the better.

Level 3
:-(

yeah, this site seriously needs more mods, but people have been over this before.
several times, and it all ends the same way
they talk
they decide more mods are needed
then nothing happens

As you said "then nothing happens", and it won´t happen anything :(

Thanks for your comments so far, I really honored of you ...

-Elvorith

Level 3
VGSatomi is the only person who ahs control upon the scripts, and he does not know how to work with them. So unfortunately, without Darky, there is nobody who can make these add-ons.

Well he isn´t acting on my private messages, maybe someone else who knows him better can send and E-mail or on whatever he would read.
And Darky is not avaible at the moment, is he?

...VGsatomi, we need help :cry:

-Elvorith

Level 3
Let´s see ...

Let´s see what we wanted to do/change/update/improve !

Site Improvements:

-add Art submissions to the profiles
-add Newest File [for Art]
-top downloads [last 4 weeks]
-picture of the week/month; selected by ART-Moderator, or maybe some kind of rating system, but this would be too complicated...)

New moderators(didn´t choose them, just look backwards comments):

• Maps-> ???
    Skins-> ???
    Icons-> CRAZYRUSSIAN (helps Daelin cause he has Spellsection too, I think he would agree)
    Models-> ???
    Spells-> ???
    AI-> ???
    JASS-> ???
    Art-> CRAZYRUSSIAN, Werewulf

I would olofmoleman suggest for modelsection too, I personally like his "stuff"

Now the most important thing: Cause Darky isn´t avaible we´ll need VGsatomi for changing the scripts.

That´s for it now !

-Elvorith

Re: Let´s see ...

Elvorith said:
Let´s see what we wanted to do/change/update/improve !

Site Improvements:

-add Art submissions to the profiles
-add Newest File [for Art]
-top downloads [last 4 weeks]
-picture of the week/month; selected by ART-Moderator, or maybe some kind of rating system, but this would be too complicated...)

New moderators(didn´t choose them, just look backwards comments):

• Maps-> ???
    Skins-> ???
    Icons-> CRAZYRUSSIAN (helps Daelin cause he has Spellsection too, I think he would agree)
    Models-> ???
    Spells-> ???
    AI-> ???
    JASS-> ???
    Art-> CRAZYRUSSIAN, Werewulf

I would olofmoleman suggest for modelsection too, I personally like his "stuff"

Now the most important thing: Cause Darky isn´t avaible we´ll need VGsatomi for changing the scripts.

That´s for it now !

-Elvorith
I'm already moderator on wc3c, and they don't want mods here who are already a mod else where.
And Mech said the models section doesn't need a new mod, though I don't agree with that, it's not really my decicion.

Level 3
Didn´t know ...

Sry olofmoleman,
didn´t know the moderator thing,
just like your models and your activity.
Well, I can´t decide exactly where is someone missing and where don´t, well thanks for answers...

-Elvorith

Level 3
Nothing against

Well, Elvorith certainly is talented. Sounds like a good idea, too. Lets see what he has to say about it, first.
-VGsatomi

I´ve got nothing against it, would be a great honor, well I open this topic for something different, VGsatomi, did you read everything ? What do you think of the sight improvements ?
EDIT:
olofmoleman wrote:previews for this map were being spammed all over the site, this should be deleted, the Art section is for art, not previews.
I´ve got the same opinion, so we need to update the rules (for ART) and maybe the other ones, can´t decide for all parts :lol:

Thanks for answering here :wink:

-Elvorith

Status
Not open for further replies.