• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Show Ability Cooldown (at the ability)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Seas =)

I wondering if it is possible, but with the hive brains it should be =D

I want do the following: A Hero cast an ability. Now the ability has 15 seconds cooldown.

You all now how the ability cooldown is shown at the ability icon (this black circle or what it is).... Can I remove this one? And if the hero cast this ability, the icon gets gray > get back to the normal color while cooldown > and has the full, normal color when the ability is ready again <--- is this possible? =O

Edit: As I, you will need to read this post twice do understand it .... as you know my English is terrible ;)

Level 18
Lol I read it twice to get what you mean ^^

There would be 3 simple was/answers I can give you:

1. It's not possible

2. Try to find that black cirlce for the cooldown, and replace it with some colored stuff, dunno how exactly you could do this, but maybe you can replace this circle with some other picture to get another cooldown effect on abilities (I think that this is some extra layout, would be easier because every ability has this as cd-effect)

3. Create some more Icons of your original one, and replace the color. While casting replace the Ability with another one, that has no effect and your gray icon. Then replace it with another ability with the color-effect you want change it all the time (I would use a passive ability for this without an effect) and replace it again with your normal ability when the cooldown runs out..

I think this will work 100%, but will need some trigger work, some more icons, and some tricky work to do to make it look perfect.. would take a while, but maybe it's worht it?! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.