• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

shorten animation time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi,
I've got an effect which is like 3 seconds too long, i.e. when I use it as effect for blizzard, the damage and buffs are triggered 3 seconds already before shard impact. How can I cut the first 3 seconds from this effect animation? Which tools do I need to make this the easiest way possible?

Level 6
Does the shard start falling as soon as the animation starts? If that were the case, it would not be too hard to change. If it already does, then maybe renaming it to a birth animation to work. If you post the shard model I can look at it.

Level 2
hi,
it's the InfernalMeteorOrange, one of my favourite effects from the old days, made by USETHEFORKS. It looks excellent in replacement of the blizzard sharsd. In MOguls model editor it shows a birth animation.

Attachments

• InfernalMeteorOrange.mdx
    10.7 KB · Views: 88
Level 6
Could you post the default blizzard effect too, so I can see how it should look? It looks pretty simple to speed this one up, though.

Edit: I went ahead and halved the animation time. I don't know if it looks like you want.

Attachments

• InfernalMeteorOrangeFast.mdx
    10.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Level 2
first of, thanks a lot for helping.

double speed doesn't exactly look good - I'm missing the long, dense smoke trails; also the damage is triggered about 2 seconds too early. The effect is supposed to be a replacement of the Blizzard - ice shard effect.
Maybe you could roughly outline your workflow how to speed the effect up (which tool, where did you change what?), so I can do the tweaking myself.

Level 6
I converted it to MDL, opened that in Notepad, and then for each line that was a frame (it will like like "1234: something,") divided the 1234 by 2. Also I divided the numbers by two in the Interval part of the Sequences section.

But I'm not sure speeding it up more will help your problem. The original animation was about 3 seconds line (3.33). The new one is 1.66 seconds long. It sounds like the damage is being done as the animation is starting, so speeding it up won't do a lot of good. Maybe there is some object editor thing to change? And are you certain the blizzard does the damage when it hits?

Status
Not open for further replies.