• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Bladestorm animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys, I'm fairly new at the Warcraft 3 map editor and I've been trying to get my bladestorm animation to work. I downloaded a custom animation and I've tried several different ways to get the animation to play, but so far, only two have at least made it appear.

The first method was I just made a trigger that does:

Event - A unit by player 1 begins casting an ability
Condition - Ability being cast is "bladestorm ability"
Actions - Create special effect at position of triggering unit using "custom animation"
Wait 7 seconds
Destroy last created special effect.

This trigger at least gets the animation to appear and disappear at the appropriate times, but it obviously doesn't move if the unit that casts it moves.

The second method was I changed the "Art - Caster" in the ability to the animation. This gets it to play for about a second and then it stops.

If someone could help me with either method, it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I've figured it out, I just changed my trigger to attack the animation to the origin and now it works.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.