• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mounted Whirlwind Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Mounted Bladestorm Animation

Hey guys, I've recently been starting to work with animations (Courtesy of blinkboys tutorial) and I wanted a good piece of practice. So, I picked an idea that I would actually be able to use.

The bladestorm spell has its own animation tag in the blademaster. The animation can easily be modified and applied to a majority of ground units. However, I want mounted units to be able to use it as well. Obviously, it would look silly with the horse rotating round and round, so a more unique approach is called for.

So for units like death knights, huntresses, and archmages, how would you creatively approach the bladestorm animation? (Note: I do not want you to do this for me, as it is practice for animating)

~Asomath

P.S. I had some concept ideas myself, but I want to here some options.

Last edited:
Level 14
Well, yeah, BUT i was more thinking like he keeps the blade rotating, while shifting it from side to side, behind him, infront of him, and above him? Just a idea

I think I understand what your saying, but it might help if you draw a quick picture in paint.

Im going to do multiple versions, using the death knight, for the practice.

~Asomath

Level 15
well, since thewse are heroes and the anims don't have to be too realistic:
what 'bout the hero sitteng in 'meditating' pose and the weapon flying in circles around him on it's own?
sory if i'm talking nonsense, i'm complete noob at modelling

Level 14
well, since thewse are heroes and the anims don't have to be too realistic:
what 'bout the hero sitteng in 'meditating' pose and the weapon flying in circles around him on it's own?
sory if i'm talking nonsense, i'm complete noob at modelling

Hah, you nailed my second idea, in which the death knight would use his mind and maybe a cylonic gesture with his hand to move his weapon. However, thats later, whats I get more comfertable.

~Asomath

Status
Not open for further replies.