• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Guide to edit models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi guys,

I tried finding a guide on the following 3 topics:
  1. Edit the colors of a model (e.g. make a lightning goldish instead of white/blue)
  2. Add birth/death animations (because otherwise some special effects cause problems with triggers)
  3. "Shorten" a death animation (because, for example, this special effect still remains visibile a few seconds after destroying via triggers)

Is there such a thing?

I used the search function, but didn't really find anything that answers my questions. Not sure if there are just different terms for the above in the modelling area, but would really appreciate if someone could link some good material to start learning.

1. This is probably related to texture editing and not really a modelling related question. You just change the color of the model's texture and it's done.
2. There's a function which does that in a tool called Retera Model Studio (in Tools section)
3. There's a function which can lengthen/shorten animations in Retera Model Studio as well
There should be at least a retera's model studio complete tutorial thread, since that's the definitive modelling tool right now
There has been a discord server for RMS for a while, seeking help there is probably better than trying to read a tutorial, and it's also fairly active for a server about a niche open source software

Status
Not open for further replies.