• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Short Story Contest #2 Poll

Which story is the best?!

• Undead Lives - The Taint on Perfection

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Edhel-dur - The Emerald Twins

• HermantheGibbon - The Scattered Dream

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Finally! What you've all been waiting for.... the poll! Vote for your favourite story. Please read through every submission before voting, and place your vote based on these categories:

Plot: Was the plot well thought out? Did it fit with the warcraft universe? Did it seem realistic, or was it so outlandish that it would never actually happen?

Structure: Is the story written in proper novel format? Does it use paragraphs and proper sentence structure?

Grammar: Are there any spelling or grammar mistakes? Are there only a few? Are there so many that they keep cropping up annoyingly and ruining your reading experience? Are there none that you notice?

Enjoyment: Did you enjoy the story? There's no point in voting for a story if you didn't enjoy it when you read it.

Here are the entries:

Undead Lives - The Taint On Perfection http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=303289&postcount=21

Edhel-dur - The Emerald Twins
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=304281&postcount=39

Horror.Man - The Emerald Dream
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=306668&postcount=45

HermantheGibbon - The Scattered Dream
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=306836&postcount=51

And last but not least:

Anetherond - My Story
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=307303&postcount=57

May the best story win!

Please note that entrants MAY NOT vote for themselves.

Last edited:
Level 6
lmao. Sorry, I voted for myself. I didn't see that last note at the end. You should put it at the top of the post in yellow or something. My apologies.

Level 8
Hmmm, I didn't know entrants were allowed to vote at all, but I take it by the fact that we aren't allowed to vote for our selves, that we can still vote for one another. Dang, that means I guess I will have to be chilvalrous and vote for somebody else once I reveiwed all the stories :thumbs_up:

Level 6
Doesn't exactly make sense that we're not allowed to vote for ourselves, but we're allowed to vote for other contestants.. I'd rather just not vote. haha. Nor does it make sense that moderators are allowed to vote.. who knows if corruption is still alive and well?

Level 9
Doesn't exactly make sense that we're not allowed to vote for ourselves, but we're allowed to vote for other contestants.. I'd rather just not vote. haha. Nor does it make sense that moderators are allowed to vote.. who knows if corruption is still alive and well?

Voting for yourself is selfish and pointless since you already believe that your work is the best. It isn't a bad thing to show respect to the best contester, except you, by voting for his work. If your story is the truly the best, one vote is insignificant. If it doesn't then it will not be fair and ethical to vote for it, since it's not the best.

Level 8
lol OK maybe I won't vote for someone else :bored: Judging by the current standing of the poll I think we are going to be hard pushed for 10 votes by the 20th so maybe 1 vote will be significant o_O Anyway, I guess if we were allowed to vote for ourselves, then we would all do so and just create a 1 all tie straight away so I can see why it would be a bit pointless to allow it.

Level 8
Well ya, only 3 days to go and only 4 proper votes :p Looks like Antherond wins lol. I guess it's a tricky contest to hold successfully, as on the one hand, you want enough contestants to make a worthwhile contest, but on the other, I am guessing that most voters can probably not be bothered to read through more than 3 or so stories! Perhaps a eunanimous (rofl spelling!?) decision made by a few devoted judges may have been a better option?

Off topic: BTW brad I see by your user title you have read the new Harry Potter, WHOOT! Were you surprised to find out who it is that is killed?!?! I know I was after Child Line took on extra staff and everything ready for the hordes of greif stricken children lmao!

Level 32
[off-topic]

In order to publicize the Short Story Contest #2 Poll I have:
  • Moved the thread to the Arena Contests forum then moved it back here leaving a redirect for the duration of the poll.

• Created a calendar event that will be shown on the forum index and contests calendar.

Level 6
Honestly, I only skimmed it XD I didn't really read the other stories. I'll check it out when I have the time.

The above statement is unbelievable. I can't fathom how I felt when I read that... I can only hope the majority of the hive actually read the stories.

Congratulations, Anetherond. You deserve it. I liked the story, but please work on your paragraph structure. It was hurting my eyes to read line-line-line-line-line-line-line. Then there would be unnecessary breaks in between paragraphs. They're not major mistakes, just try to improve. Great work.

Status
Not open for further replies.