• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shogun Template

Connacht Presents

Shogun Map Template V1.1
Created by Connacht

Map Info

This is a map I was planning on making a new Shogun risk out of. Plans kinda fell through and now I'm just uploading the map because I think it looks pretty nice and I think anyone doing a Shogun/Japan style map would be able to start off with this.

Features

This map has most of Japan, excluding the majority of Hokkaido and southern islands like Okinawa. It also has an outline of Korea, which I didn't finish, but may in the future. There are also a few unit and building models added to start off a shogun-style map.

Screenshots

Image Description:
Full Map

full

Image Description:
Unit models included

full

Change Log

Fixed a river that screwed up.

Credits

Special Thanks:

• Adorm (Kratos) for helping place trees

Models/Skins:

• Fingolfin for the tree models
  • Black Stan for the units
  • infrenus for the ship models
  • Callahan for the Ronin model
  • BlinkBoy for the Samurai model
  • killst4r for the Pandaren building models
  • HerrDave for the mountain terrain skin
  • Olofmoleman for the cherry tree model

Icons:

• infrenus for ship icons
  • Unwirklich and Spellbound for Pandaren UI

Author's notes

This map is accurate to the best of my knowledge. If there are any errors, please contact me and report them. Thanks.
Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Contents

Shogun Template (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Maybe more attention to details would be better. Useful, however. Approved.
Level 5
I originally started out with the red_eyes[eng] shogun risk map, if y'all can't tell. I have no idea how to remove that map preview icon, though. If anyone knows please tell me.

Edit: nvm I figured it out

Edit2: I fixed a river that screwed up; my misc.data just suddenly decided to stop working.

Last edited:
Level 4
Great template! I think this will make a great card! Do you have any other samurai models left? Or buildings? Thanks in advance for your reply!

Level 5
Great template! I think this will make a great card! Do you have any other samurai models left? Or buildings? Thanks in advance for your reply!
When I first made this, I scoured the internet for samurai models. Unfortunately, the ones I included in the screenshot were the only ones that were high enough quality without being too anime-ish. If you're going for a more anime feel, there are some websites I remember where there were some very nice models in that vein. I'll update this comment if I can find a link.

There are also a couple models on the HIVE that are pretty good that I didn't include, like the Chinese Soldier and this Samurai.

If you're looking for more hero models, Black_Stan had a bunch of high quality ones you can find if you search his name on here. That's who most of the unit models are from.

Level 4
When I first made this, I scoured the internet for samurai models. Unfortunately, the ones I included in the screenshot were the only ones that were high enough quality without being too anime-ish. If you're going for a more anime feel, there are some websites I remember where there were some very nice models in that vein. I'll update this comment if I can find a link.

There are also a couple models on the HIVE that are pretty good that I didn't include, like the Chinese Soldier and this Samurai.

If you're looking for more hero models, Black_Stan had a bunch of high quality ones you can find if you search his name on here. That's who most of the unit models are from.

Many thanks! I didn't expect an answer! It's nice to talk to people again! Now let's talk about work! Looking for models more similar to the game Total wars Shogun. It may sound strange, but in my opinion, ancient Asian models and anime are not always the same. If I seem rude, I'm sorry. If you leave a link to a third-party source with such rare content, I will be grateful to you!:peasant-victory: