• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shiva's Wings

Made for the SFX Competition. Give credits if you use it.

Keywords:
Shiva wing wings ice frost cold blue
Contents

Shiva's Wings (Model)

Reviews
» Wolverabid « Date: 3rd of February, 2008 Approval status: Approved Rating: (4/5) Recommended Main points: [x] The model is stable and functions properly in Warcraft III. [x] The model displays properly in Warcraft3 Viewer.

M

» Wolverabid «

Date: 3rd of February, 2008
Approval status: Approved
Rating: (4/5) Recommended

Main points:
[x] The model is stable and functions properly in Warcraft III.
[x] The model displays properly in Warcraft3 Viewer.

Level 3
How on earth did you get the name Shiva's Wings?
[Mutters: Aren't the Hindu gods getting famous?]

The origin of the name might have been Hindu...
But I doubt if most people that play Video Games care about that Pantheon...
Since I can't tell if you're being entirely serious, I'll tell you anyways...
It's probably a reference to Final Fantasy's various summons with the name Shiva, in which she is actually an ice goddess or some sort, probably carrying no resemblance to Shiva the Destroyer.
Or it could... just be a name that he decided on -.-

Anyways, about the modefl...
Love it! Perfect for icy heroes, I'm sure I could think of a few practical uses!
5/5
I know you've made sfx packs before... So might I recommend that you create wings for other elements as well? I bet there are people who could say... use.... A fire version of this.

Anyways, simple idea, spectacular execution! Good job, and thx for the upload.

[edit]

Eh, when I hit Rep, I meant to say... Exception, not Expectation. Lol.

Level 4
wow another cool model by jetfango

hey when will u post it in wc3campaigns.net?
this model is better than other models with textures that replaces wc3 textures, because when u used it, some other models in wc3 will be corrupted, just like the holy phoenix

Level 19
Comments are annoying (sorry)
I didnt test the model (do those particle emitters rotate or just at same direction)

Level 14
very nice, it really is amazing.. works well for my bleach themed map as well for toushiro's bankai..
it works better on shorter models to use the origin.

Level 3
Oh... Chest... Why the hell was I trying to attach it to the base... *Facepalm*
Thanks for that clarification...

Also, Just curious, this isn't a request, but do you have plans to do packs of other themes like this ice one, or was it just for the contest?

.... Off-topic.. But...
Wow...
That Chopsticks avatar of yours makes me Lmao.

Level 5
what the hell?

a dragon claws in left hand, dragon head in right hand, tail and it perfectly looks like Hitsugaya's Bankai!

Hell what a model...

999999999999999999999999/999999999999999999999

Level 1
When i attach these to a unit/hero they are allways high above there head, i attach them to the chest but still... they are way above the head ;[

they even appear high above the head on lich king.

Can any 1 point me in the right firectiong pls?

and 9999999999/9999999999 for the wings they are TeH s3x

Level 2
great wing model....love it

i finally understood how you made these wings...that is immolation target buff just larger and made blue...;D

Last edited:
Level 2
It would be much better if we can see a lot more wing attachments (Let's see... UMM... Demon Wings perhaps?).

Anyways, this one is GREAT... as always. 5/5.

Level 4
Epic.
One thing that might interest you: I gave Kel'thuzad a metamorphose ability with this attached to the morphed version, but it delays for about 5 seconds before the wings come out.
Just thought you might want to know :)

Level 6
I added those wings as an attachment to origin on a Sorceress, and whenever she attacks they dissipate then return after about a second or so.

Do you know why that's happening? Because it somewhat defeats the purpose of even having the attachment if they're not gonna show for the majority of the time, hehe.