• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shivarra

Shivarra - Mistress of Pain

gdb-png.384453

Submission for the HD Modeling Contest #2 - Great Dark Beyond.

The Shivarra, or Shivan, are a 6-armed female mystical demon species living in Outland, averaging at roughly twenty to thirty feet tall. Shivarra serve the Burning Legion as priestesses and military chaplains. They are devout and charismatic and as such are a driving force behind the Burning Legion as all their efforts are bent on bringing Sargeras' vision into being.

This is by far the most ambitious model that I've ever managed to pull off, with 21 optimised textures, several custom normal maps and orms and eighteen (mostly freehand) animations, only using Reforged assets, Retera Model Studio and Gimp.
I was heavily influenced by the concept art and the Shivan models of Wow.

For lore-friendly names of the hero check wowpedia's database

Known issues:
-The model has 4 fingers. The hassle of adding a 5th one is seriously not worth the effort. Therefore, from this point forward, shivarras have 4 fingers canonically.
-The model doesn't have a decay animation, as she's a hero. I'll try adding a unit version soon-ish.
-
I don't know if the Stand-3 should become Spell-1 instead. I'd like your comments on that. fixed

Future plans:
I'll try making a non-hero version, as well as several recolours, a version with a facemask and skirt, and maybe additional versions along the way.

UPDATE 19/09/21: Added a new Stand 2 animation and changed the original Stand 3 animation to Spell-1.
UPDATE 05/10/21: Added two variants with different skin colours, so pick your favourite.
Previews
Contents

Icon (Icon)

Shivarra pink (Model)

shivarra pink portrait (Model)

Shivarra purple (Model)

Shivarra purple Portrait (Model)

Portrait (Model)

Shivarra (Model)

Reviews
Barorque
Approved! For full review check: HD Modeling Contest #2 - Results
Level 8
awesome work ! Im really hyped about the ''non-hero version, as well as several recolours'' that would be awesome!
love the Model

xx

Fantastic job, as usual!
Regarding the Stand-3 animation...it's hard to say...it doesn't look like something you'd do as you're just standing around normally, it's like she's stretching, but not really trying to stretch. I think that it could be a Spell-1 casting animation, if you sped it up a bit.
Sped it up 20% and added a new stand 2 animation.

I believe I messed something up during one of the latests updates, as the .mdl's visibility is not correct. Once I fix it, I'll upload @Z1003 's version that comes with FaceFX for the unit (and not just the portrait, something that also broke during the process for some reason)

I thought I added demon blood, but maybe that was just something I had in mind.

Level 12
I believe I messed something up during one of the latests updates, as the .mdl's visibility is not correct. Once I fix it, I'll upload @Z1003 's version that comes with FaceFX for the unit (and not just the portrait, something that also broke during the process for some reason)

I thought I added demon blood, but maybe that was just something I had in mind.
Will you upload these finally?? :)