• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shire House

Reactions: Dekarchos
A doodad for LOTR map-makers. A hobbit house from Shire, the *under-hill-houses*. Simply but fitting model using 3 ingame skins. Meaned 2 be a decorative doodad, that's why there are no anims at all (except the Stand). EDIT: made a round door + Death & Decay anims. It intendingly is not decaying completly. Feel free to use it! And ENJOY! :D

EDIT: Door is made rounder (spheriphied).
Second EDIT: backside of door removed.

Keywords:
shire, LOTR, lord of the rings, hobbiton, hobbit house,
Contents

Shire House (Model)

Reviews
01:54, 1st Mar 2011 anarchianbedlam: Even doodads have death animations. The model is too simple, its just the gate model with a blob of green grass. the hobbit holes had small, inset, round doors. extend grassy hill geoset below the ground in case...

M

01:54, 1st Mar 2011
anarchianbedlam: Even doodads have death animations. The model is too simple, its just the gate model with a blob of green grass. the hobbit holes had small, inset, round doors. extend grassy hill geoset below the ground in case the doodad is placed on a cliff. the "alternate" version doesnt look good. those dark chunks of grass make the UV wrap look sloppy and uneven.

Its a great idea and it could be a very useful model. just keep at it.

EDIT: remove backfaces of door since they aren't visible..... door still isnt really round.
I'll approve it after that.

EDIT: you still havent removed the faces on the back of the door, dont update it until all changes are made

FINAL EDIT: You still havent removed all the backfaces but im tired of this back-and-forth. I'll approve it, it MIGHT be useful, but it honestly still needs a lot of work.

Looks interesting, but useless.
If this is a doodad, that means it won't be constructed in-game, so it's permanant decoration.
All a person would have to do is raise a portion of ground, use a gate model as an environment model, stretch and squish it into a door... That's exactly what this model is...
1/5. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but this simply isn't useful at all...
I've noticed all of your models are simple combinations of in-game models. All of these things could easily be made in-game...