• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Shield Rush and Stunning Might Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hello Hivers,

So I need someone to create or rather find this kind of spells, here are the details:

Shield Rush:
"The caster quickly rushes through his target, dealing damage. If an enemy unit is in its way, it'll be the one that be damaged and stops the caster. When Stunning Might is active, it stuns his target."

Stunning Might:
"The caster's next attack causes it to be stunned for 3 seconds."

So basically, Shield Rush is like you rush through your target, damage him, if some enemy is in the way, that be your target. Stunning Might is just an additional ability.

Anyway, please let me know if you can create this kind of spell, GUI or Jass, as long as there are details on how to set it up. Or if you can find anything similar to it, that be good as well. I'd be glad if someone can help me.

- Edge45

Level 37
Here you go! You didn't mention any kind of spell mechanics to consider, so there might be a few things not added in since I didn't know. I also sort of half-assed everything, so let me know if you need anything fixed. I left some notes in the Trigger Comments that you should read.
  • Stunning Might requires: Bribe's DDS and Unit Indexer
  • Shield Rush requires: PurgeandFire's Check Walkability

Attachments

• Edge45's Request.w3x
    40.5 KB · Views: 93
Level 24
Well if you want to, I need these spells, but I have no idea where to start, specially if it's JASS

Anyway, I found a bug with SR, I targeted the units behind the scout towers and they're stuck, this is also the same for trees and the cliffs. Sometimes they slide beside the obstacles though.
PO9mKmi.jpg

For SM, there's no problem for it.

Now, would it be possible to transform these abilities to hero abilities, with three levels? If you don't want to, I could try, but the bug, I have no idea how to fix it.

Level 37
Well if you want to, I need these spells, but I have no idea where to start, specially if it's JASS
The spells were made in GUI.

Anyway, I found a bug with SR, I targeted the units behind the scout towers and they're stuck, this is also the same for trees and the cliffs. Sometimes they slide beside the obstacles though.
My mistake o: I will get that fixed. I might have to make it so that the ordering the unit to move in the middle of it's charged will interrupt it though.

Now, would it be possible to transform these abilities to hero abilities, with three levels? If you don't want to, I could try, but the bug, I have no idea how to fix it.

~_~ you didn't specify that. What do you want to be multi-level?

Level 24
Oh ^_^'

Alright then to details.
SHIELD RUSH
"The caster quickly rushes through his target, dealing damage. If an enemy unit is in its way, it'll be the one that be damaged and stops the caster. When Stunning Might is active, it stuns his target and adds damage.

Level 1 - Deals 100 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 200 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 300 damage.

Actually, when leveled up, only the damage increases, so everything not the damage remains as it is, speed, knocking, AoE, etc. Also if possible, can you make the caster pass through ally units?

For STUNNING MIGHT, there might be some changes (Actually, this ability is going to have more effects for other spells, but I think SR will be good for now)

"Powers the next attack, causing its target to be stunned. While active during Shield Rush, it stuns its target and damage it."

Level 1/2/3 - 2/3/4 second duration, 65/90/145 additional damage when used with SHIELD RUSH.

Well other than that, thanks for helping me out man, I'd be sure to give you credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.