• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Shared Control For 1 Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello!

I need a charm spell, that allows to get full shared control, including spell using, of ONE enemy unit or hero for 60 seconds.

Also, owner of charmed unit can see what his unit do, but can't control him.
Is it possible to realize this without Colour and Owner change?

p.s. it would be cool if there is any way to lock items of charmed hero, so that they can not be sold or removed.

Thanks to everybody for any information! :as:

Do you want the hero to use abilities?
So far I have created what you need, but I remove the skill points, because I am reproducing the unit. In this case, you need to store each ability in each hero unit-type, so that you also set the level of the abilities. Depending on your requirements, you can even have an illusion of your enemy hero (with the Item Illusions, used by a dummy; order id: 852274).

Currently, items cannot be sold or dropped and are moved in the same slots, the charmed hero has experience disabled, level and experience are matched, ex-owner retains visibility over the charmed unit and skill points are removed.

Attachments

• CharmTest.w3x
    15.5 KB · Views: 50
Level 3
Yeah, i want to use abilities.
I already make a charm spell, that simply change owner of unit or hero to owner of caster for time. It works good.

The problem is too many heroes with spells that working using index of player. So, if i charm a type of hero that i already have, triggering spell crash, because 1 index will be used for 2 heroes.

The simplest way to solve this problem, as i think, is shared control of enemy hero with no owner change. Basic shared control like alias can use.

Is it possible to make something like this using GUI or JASS?
Or the only way is making new unit (copy) for player or change owner?

Status
Not open for further replies.