• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

lock share units control button

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can lock the menu, you can set alliance to only allied, you can do a timer and a loop checking with a Boolean condition to see if they're sharing with a player.

Player - Make Player 1 (Red) treat Player 2 (Blue) as an Ally

No shared vision means you can't share units. Since you want it gray and not being able to be checked, then that or Game - Set Lock alliance settings to On
is your options.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
Why would you want to do this? Shared unit control is pretty much a must in every map so that a person can go AFK for a minute for a drink or toilet break without disrupting the game play too much.
Must be for an anti-cheat system on a map, maybe on a maze where there is a part that the camera spins around. Anyway people can wait for the "afk" person come back, he/she won't stay on the toilet all day.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
maybe on a maze where there is a part that the camera spins around.
That is bad design by itself. I mean in games it is commonly called "bad camera angles" and games like Sonic Unleashed suffered from it with much criticism. It is hard enough walking a tight rope, let alone when the world is spinning around.

Anyway people can wait for the "afk" person come back
Even though with control given they do not have to. I commonly used to give control to people when I had to leave to dinner in SWAT aftermath so they stood a chance of winning as otherwise the team was not balanced. Other times I gave control from short periods while I answered the door or did some chore. Shared control is pretty much a must have in all good maps.

he/she won't stay on the toilet all day.
Or will he/she? I mean one usually can put that off until the game ends. It is only the really long games or that emergency (that can result in very much extended times as you are not well).

Also if you have played any game on WC3 and SC2 recently you will know that no one will wait even a few seconds unless you are the only other player (in which case he will likely leave the game). This makes shared control even more important as at least people will not leave or be angry at you.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
Also if you have played any game on WC3 and SC2 recently you will know that no one will wait even a few seconds unless you are the only other player (in which case he will likely leave the game). This makes shared control even more important as at least people will not leave or be angry at you.
That's true, I would be angry with someone who would take a day to come back, rarely, when I'm playing HWM on WC3, there is ALWAYS someone who doesn't press any key so the game starts, Im talking about the loading screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.