• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shared Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Just wondering, is it possible to create a hero via triggers, then give the hero to player 2, then make player 2 have advanced shared control so you can still use there hero?? All of which via triggers without player 2 having to toggle the shared control options??

I am looking at this as a way of having a single player option on one of my RPG maps and giving the second hero to player 2 seems to be my only viable option.

Level 7
Yes it is possible i give you a example
  • Helping Folks With Triggers
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Paladin for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Player - Make Player 2 (Blue) treat Player 1 (Red) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player - For Player 2 (Blue), turn Full shared units On toward Player 1 (Red)
      • Player - For Player 2 (Blue), turn Shared units On toward Player 1 (Red)
It migth have some leaks but u get the point :D

Level 6
Leak fixed :)
  • Corpse trigger
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Anti_leak_location = (Center of (Playable map area))
      • Unit - Create 1 Paladin for Player 2 (Blue) at Anti_leak_location facing Default building facing degrees
      • Player - Make Player 2 (Blue) treat Player 1 (Red) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Player - For Player 2 (Blue), turn Full shared units On toward Player 1 (Red)
      • Player - For Player 2 (Blue), turn Shared units On toward Player 1 (Red)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_Anti_leak_location )

Level 10
thank you for your help both of you, i have managed to get this working now +rep to both of you

Status
Not open for further replies.