• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shared Control Abuse HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have a problem with my map that recently arose and am not sure really where to post this.

Basically the problem is that one player somehow spammed the "share control" button in F11 (allies) during a game causing massive lag and slowdown.

I have locked resource trading alliance settings but the box to share control is not grayed out.
Fixed player settings are also enabled.

So when he shared control the game automatically removed control. All seemed fine but he must have spammed it 50+ times in a very rapid succession (less than 5 seconds) causing a massive lag spike.

Is there anything I could do to avoid this type of abuse to in game systems in the future via triggering or something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
-redbaron

Level 4
I'm not going to link the site as I'm sure it's against the rules, but I found 1.27a lag hack that uses the hotkey for sharing units to lag the game. It sounds a lot like what this is and I'm just wondering if there is a way to combat it.

Edit: I thought I was editing the first post and not double posting. My bad :oops:

you can just explain them and I'll tell you why they will fail

A bit condescending there. . . =P

[trigger=Part One]
Untitled Trigger 007
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) changes Shared units settings
Player - Player 1 (Red) changes Full shared units settings
Conditions
Actions
Set _somekindofinteger[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (_somekindofinteger[(Player number of (Triggering player))] + 1)
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
_somekindofinteger[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Greater than 10
Then - Actions
-------- Either warn them and crash them later at a higher number or crash them now/sooner. --------
Else - Actions
[/trigger]
[trigger=Part Two]
Untitled Trigger 008
Events
Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Set _somekindofinteger[(Player number of (Picked player))] = 0
[/trigger]

Level 19
there's no trigger event whatsoever. laghack is based on the principles of wc3 - whenver alliance changes it requires ALL clients to sync, no matter if that was valid change.
creating alliance will cause desyn and drops hacker out. but, for some reason, removing alliance doesn't break anything, allowing to spam this packet and request sync again and again. same issue with few other ingame things. nobody can counter that.

Status
Not open for further replies.