• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shapeshift spells creation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey all,

i was wondering if someone can help me give units different shapeshift or metamorphosis

druids can become crows or birds, right?

What I want is for example custom floor unit have the possibility To shapeshift into a flying green dragon or into an undead drake.

this should be possible right?

and giving the ability to fly and land.

Or make a dreadlord change into a villager

Hope someone can help me out

Level 21
search "morph" in the tutorials section, and in this forum. there's a lot of posts about it.

the basic way to do it is by creating your own ability based on one of the existing morphing abilities and just changing the relevant unit types in the object editor. you will probably have to play around with things a little to get them to behave the way you would like.

Last edited:
Level 3
So i have tried it.
Im able to change the models
But my custom druid of the claw keeps turning into a bear instead of a orc.
I made a custom druid of the claw and custom druid of the claw bearform.

the bearform custom model is fine
Same for the elf custom model
But they keep changing into a bear instead of the given custom model

Level 21
dunno how bearform works... I used "chemical rage"(alchemist) and was able to change the model with no problem. maybe you also need to base the morph form on whatever unit the original ability morphs to (even though from what I understand you did that).

Level 3
Oke I fixed it
But i cannot do it with walking units morph into flying :(

Status
Not open for further replies.