• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shadowed Day (Space RPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys, I want to create a space based RPG for WC3.

My idea is that you would have a single main character (hero). Who progresses as the game goes on, (XP over time, and through quests, not killing things), You would be able to travel around space stations and earn money, as well as rep. (Rep would affect quests, npc relation, and ship costs)
With your hard earned cash (you will be able to start off with a background which would determine your starting stats, equipment, and cash) you will be able to buy one of many ships.
Different ships have different stats, which you can improve through bought upgrades, they will also have different sizes. When you enter a ship, your hero is transported to the inside of the ship and is able to travel around the ship. Some ships have small insides, some have huge insides. Small ships will be command-able by a single person, while larger ships will be pilot-able with one person, but only truly able to shine when fully crewed.

My idea for this game is vehicles that you can get inside and move around in, with affects that can use this (Parasite that spawns some aliens inside the ship that you have to fight off). This map would focus on individuals and groups who work together. A single man could pilot a small fighter, a group could pilot a battle ship, and a full house could command a Goliath class Mother ship.

Different responsibilities will be handled by different positions within the ship, shield maintenance, advanced weapon firing, power management, scanning, and more (hopefully).

My real problem is, what are we doing?
I don't know what to do with what I want in the game, I could just have it be an open RPG without real story line, I could make it a story driven RPG (I really don't want to do this), but I feel like I could do more.
This is why I have posted. I want to get some ideas on what I can have the purpose of the game be.

The game isn't even 10% done, so any help in its creation, and ideas toward the same end will be appreciated.
(I plan to give full credit for any and all models, skins, effects, and ideas that I use)

Status
Not open for further replies.