• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

It's A Pirate's Life For Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I was wondering if I made a map where you were a pirate would be a good idea? You start out with 1 ship and you can make money by stealing the computer's ships or even other players and there would be a ranking system based on how much money you have made and also if you got like 300000 gold you could build a factory to produce and sell stuff for you and also I wanted it to so your character could get off the ship and go to say a CLOTHES store and change his clothes and also when your character buys new weapons it would show your character holding them. Well this would take alot of people I think and alot of time but if anyone thinks this is a good idea tell me. Laso the economy would change and prices of goods would goup nad down and you could buy equpiment for your ship like a BESTBUYCORN locator and it would ping the location of the town or city or whatever with the best price of Corn and also upgrades for you ship which the map would also show and also um ....................... A SHIP STORE. There would be diffrent classes of ships and the max number of ships you could own would be 6. The classes would be like fighter, transporter and so on. Also you could pick up passengers and take them to dangerous places and they would pay you and to win you have to get to highest trading, pirate rank before anyone else and also there would be random events like storms or something.

Level 10
Nice idea but I think it's too ambitious. This map will take about 1 year to develop and will be too big to be played in battlenet because of the size of the imported files and the hundreds of triggers and dummy abilities you have to make. Are you sure you want to make it? It will absolutely be good, but how are you supposed to do all these things?

Level 3
Well I think I could still make it avaible to play on battle.net nad maybe a version for single player too the multiplayer one will have less stuff or something I don't know but I'll still need tons fo help if I decide to do this I'm not sure yet the only custom models I will need will be for clothes, weapons, ships, ships weapons. I don't want highly detailed models because I don't want them to take up lots of space but only problem I have with making this is that since school is gonna start back in a couple of weeks that I'm not going to have any free time at all.

Level 1
There is already a map like that, it's really detailed with random events and crew-to-crew battles. Noone playis it. Maybe, because it's too hard to undestand how to play...

...maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.