• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Shadow Strike bug with Weep's GDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey guys, I kinda have this problem, I imported Weep's GDD but everytime I used a spell based on Shadow Strike.... it lags until the buff has ended its duration, I first thought it is because of my poor coding, but no, when I tried to disable the "GUI Friendly Damage Detection" trigger, it doesnt lag anymore. Any thoughts? :vw_wtf::vw_wtf:

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
have you set damage interval to 0? I think it's casting time or decay time not sure.

Most likely one of your trigger, that uses the damage event causes the lag. I used GDD some time ago and never had problems. Can you post the triggers, that are using the damage detection?
If you disable all trigger that use damage detection, but not the system itself, does it still lag?

Level 5
Ok, I have already set the damage interval and casting time and decay time to 0 since i made the spell since the spell doesnt have a DoT.

Speakin about triggers, the only trigger I found using the GDD is...

Trigger: DamageTaken
Events: GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
Conditions:
Actions: If GDD_DamageSource Equal to *unit* Then Set DamageTaken to DamageTaken + 1 Else Do Nothing

That is all I can say rn..

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Ok, I have already set the damage interval and casting time and decay time to 0 since i made the spell since the spell doesnt have a DoT.
Sorry I think I expressed myself badly there. I asked, because setting it to 0 will cause problems. Think of the damage interval like of a periodic timer. You don't to set it to every 0 seconds, if you don't need it. Set it to > 1 second, if you don't need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.