• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Settle For Nothing RPG v1.51.2

Reactions: Bangkai999
I wasn't going to fix this map, but alot of people were nagging me to. So here it is.

Visit the Website! http://settlefornothingorpg.webs.com/

This RPG was completely made by me (Sube2), except for the models from THW!
This RPG is Protected

What this RPG Includes-- * = Items that will have more added in later versions!
-Proffessions *
-10 classes *
-8 abilities per class
-Save/load System
-Difficult Team Work based gameplay
-Quests *
-100% Custom Abilities
-Player Commands *
-Tactical Gameplay Scenario's
-9 Players
-Good Terraining
-And Alot more!

Version Log--
V1.00.2 - New Terrain! Tons of bug Fixes! More items! New hero: NECROMANCER!
V1.02.9 - Fixed Necromancer bugs, fixed some other bugs.
V1.03.0 - Found a bug that I can't discuss because it may create cheating.
V1.03.2 - Fixed some bugs, Nerfed Skeletal Possesion. Buffed Barbarian. Buffed Hunter.
Added a sweet loading screen :p
V1.03.5 - Made leveling harder, fixed a small loading bug. Made Death Penalties more harsh.
V1.04.0 - Lowered Death Penalty, Nerfed Necromancer's Necroplytic Gaze, Lowered mountains in starting area (got in way of camera), made Multi-Board Inventory detect your wisp items.
V1.04.1 - Fixed Multiboard Inventory Problem
V1.04.5 - Fixed the bug that made host disconnect if a player lags within first 15 seconds, added some new commands that will help reduce lag, added some other things.
V1.06.3 - Added alot this time. New interface, new icons, and some more new stuff!!!
V1.06.5 - Reduced lag! Better gameplay, fixed bugs. Nerfed some things. IN PREPORATION FOR THE 100+ Quest long storyline! (quests will be save in code, quests follow Sun Tzu!)
V1.07.5 - Made Warrior More interesting! fixed a ton of bugs.
V1.08.6 - Added 5 new boss, in the UNCOMPLETE but playable new area called the Frozen Charr. Fixed the Omni-Slashers Bloody Rose Skill. Alot of new items! Changed Assassin's skill: Shadow Strike. Its ranged now, still deals 2xAgility in 2 strikes!
V1.08.9 - Fixed the desert Lizard killing quest. Buffed Assassin's Ultimate. Fixed alot of annoyingh bugs. Removed the Clean Up Copter!
V1.09.0 - Fixed alot of quest bugs. New minimap pic. Some good balances were made.
V1.19.6 - I PROUDLY RELEASE THIS VERSION! New potion stacking system *works now*. New Save/load code for Aura(wisp/extra back pack). Tons of new items, monsters, bosses. Level 90 max!!! New explorable areas. New hero selection! NEW NEW NEW. Theres even more new things about this!
V1.20.1 - This version includes a fogon/fogoff commmand. I fixed the big Proffession bugs. And changed some other tiney details around!
V1.22.1 - After experimenting with the skills and the Frozen Charr, I found a way to make the skills have less (If any noticable) Trigger delay. I have also greatly increased the difficulty of The Frozen Charr.
V1.22.5 - Found some Fatal Error Problems, fixed.
V1.24.1 - Finally balanced the game to a point where it is hard/fun to play. Updated Poltergeists alot. Along with many other hero balances.
V1.25.6 - New dungeon. Very large, takes a real group to play. The dungeon is located in the Icelands, the monsters are level 93+.
V1.25.9 - Fixed al lthe green boxes that annoyed EVERYONE
V1.26.1 - A member of the website found how the fatal errors were happening. I tested, and he was right! The fatal errors have all been fixed do to a small adjustment.
V1.27.1 - The items now bind to your hero after saving. Dungeon bosses have been made slightly more intense (skills added). Some new stuff has been put into play, such as stat changes, nerfing, and a new minimap picture. This version also makes dungeon monsters on insane more intense!
V1.31.9 - This version has some new features, but whats special about this version is the number of balances made, and the new boss. Inside of the main city there is an entrance to the Arcane Holding Chamber, there you will be able to fight the hardest boss in the game!
V1.51.1 -> Fixed some lag. Made compatible for 1.24 as requested.
V1.51.2 -> Enabled single player as requested.

Keywords:
rpg, orpg, tactical, tactic, fighting, quests, medieval, fun, long, hard
Contents

Settle For Nothing RPG v1.51.2 (Map)

Reviews
16:49, 13th May 2010 ap0calypse: Approved 16:55, 22nd Aug 2009 Rui: This map is not working for patch 1.24. Please fix it and use the Update button to upload a new version.
Level 5
Actually, I think i DID use the teleport ability. But well, as long as he fixes it´ll be all right. Since i could still kill ppl going there, which was one, cheap kill.

And for soroz: The green items, were probably Legendary items, and i think they´re green because they have an custom made image. (When you own the item, its not green.)

Last edited:
Level 4
Starting from lvl 1, with other level 1's, this game really annoyed me. There was excessive grinding when I was playing this game, often times without a quest. You complete a quest, you get another, then all the sudden they seem to disappear on you. I was extremely disappointed when I realized that... the game just feels really slow early on.

I couldn't get into the PvP mode because my friends didn't quite enjoy the beginning of the game at all, so yeah.

Anyways, I think this map has a lot of potential if you try to make it more focused, add some storyline possibly, etc. Right now this map just feels like a grindfest with limited questing.

Level 1
The Poltergeist is hugely inbalanced. First his stat gain is larger than the other heroes. His spells upgrade when others dont. He starts dropping meteors at level 21 instead of 28 (the same problem with barabarans cleave). AND the last thing when Soul Drain Levels up it kills anything instantly. Im thinking its not supposed to do this. Please look into this. I love playing the Poltergeist but him being a GOD well, just ruins it.

Level 2
First game -> Poltergeist -> bug with the first skill (didnt lvl up at 10) and from lvl 20 on I started instagibbing all creatures (and bosses) with the Life Drain Skill :D

But the map looks pretty good apart from that.

Level 6
problems i have encountered.

1: unnecessary doodads on cliffs.
2: sight blocking is not that good, for one, the troll healer(which can be found on the waterfalls just out of town) can't be seen, even though it's already attacking you, you can only see it if you go to the back of the tree where the troll healer is. and the other one is in the dark troll area, there's 3 trolls close to a wall which is also unseen unless you get close.
3: there's really no source of income in the game, cept craft weapons. and if you don't have money to make weapons or if you crafted the wrong weapon, then you'll have no money to start with.
4: i attacked the norsemen on the fountain on the city (main city). then everyone starts attacking me when i returned to the starting city. they stopped attacking me when i go out on the troll area then went back to the city, please fix it.
5: other than that, nice choice on custom heroes. but all i can say is the necromancer's attack is too eye catchy. i wish all maps just use more custom models. and add reality. (you know, buildings that has a size big enough that the door is enough for your hero to enter through)

one more thing, the modern warfare UI that you're using shows the words modern warfare when i have no selected unit in the inventory area.

Last edited:
Level 6
When i look in other player inventory i see most of his items like green boxes .. can this be fixed ?

that only means the icon doesn't have the suitable "DISBTN" (dunno what it's called) icon. it's kinda like the blurred version of the icon, and not all icons have one.... or he didn't use them....

Level 1
Poltergeist first ability takes you out of combat for a very long time and makes you a terrible tank.

Please consider changing it.

Level 28
Improve the description, otherwise I cannot approve it.

Read this tutorial if you need help and here is a list of BB-codes:

[ hidden="How it looks"]

[ simpletable=Your Map]

[ center][ h1]Header 1[/h1][/center]
[ indent][ h2]Header 2[/h2][/indent]
[ h3]Header 3[/h3]

text

[ list]

[*]Note 1

[*]Note 2

[*]...

[/list]
[/box]

[ hr]500[/hr]

[ box=Extra Info]

[ list=1]

[*]Note 1

[*]Note 2

[*]....

[/list]

[ list=a]

[*]Something

[*]Another thing

[/list]
[/box]
[ /hidden]

Your Map

Header 1

Header 2

Header 3

Here you can type whatever you want, the basic gameplay, the story, ...
  • Note 1
  • Note 2

Extra Info

1. Note 1
  2. Note 2
  3. ....

• Something
  • Another thing

Level 28
Im sure you can approve something without a suited up description. Im positive you can, because noone use to use that stuff in their description till recently. :)
Technically spoken, I can.
But people who know me don't even bother to ask such a thing: I just can't approve maps with a bad description, you can ask around if you want to.

Level 1
Found 1 or 2 bugs, not sure if u already know about them but no harm in telling. I played the poltergeist hero up to lvl 35. When i reached lvl 20 (or there about) the second skill, soul tap or what you called it (steals life and mana), stole all the life instantly so it 1hitted everything. I then attacked the boss in the "main city" with the skill and got a fatal error. Im guessing its becouse my skill got bugged that i got the fatal error. Might only be a one time glich, becouse my skill flipped when i used the first skill on a boss and my hero dissapered, so i had to save - load to get it back.

Level 28
Hidden message:
Habbe89 said:
Found 1 or 2 bugs, not sure if u already know about them but no harm in telling. I played the poltergeist hero up to lvl 35. When i reached lvl 20 (or there about) the second skill, soul tap or what you called it (steals life and mana), stole all the life instantly so it 1hitted everything. I then attacked the boss in the "main city" with the skill and got a fatal error. Im guessing its becouse my skill got bugged that i got the fatal error. Might only be a one time glich, becouse my skill flipped when i used the first skill on a boss and my hero dissapered, so i had to save - load to get it back.

Level 2
first off i would like to say what a detailed game this is. but a major bug that i have found is with necromancers last spell. there is a 4 second paralysis(i believe) but this paralysis will continue and it forces you to leave the game. if you can find what is causing this woudl greatly appreciate it.

Level 1
Bug Skill Torture

Can you fix the skill torture because when i use after the fight my character is not in the screen anymore...

Level 1
a good orpg
but there's a problem tryin to get some items/gold by mining,smithing
the problem is that i cant get more then 1 stone in 1 slot
it works only for "useless stone" for the rest it doesn't work
can you fix that ?

edit: theres no damn info/lvl about profesions mining etc
plus the bug of poltergeist wasnt fixed
so that shows up that u dont even care about this damn map why people should play it?

Last edited:
Level 6
Nice map!
W8inG For UpDaTe !
if possible:
Fix The hero Chosing way:
IF you select your wisp [F8/~], you won't be able to Pick/Or repick for new
Add More Items, For Level 50/65/70/78/etc.. [add like ultimate item for each class]

The Knight[or was a swordman...] is so unbalanced,.Spells do nothing, Dieing Easy
..Few Things to test......Will Write later
Oh, yes Add Arena [PvP/2v2/3v3][FOR SiMILAR LEvELS, or/and 5-7LeveLs Difference]
And If There is SP [haven't tested SP] please disable it,.. will be so easy to farm for cash/exp
Next: Pets/Mounts[or any animal, that gives different aura - like in GoH] and make it hold items [like 2nd backpack] [or just enable wisp to save items :)]
Anyway...
Terrain:5/5
Gameplay:4.5/5
Quests: 4.5/5 {Add More Quests}
BlaBlaBla..: 5/5
Overall: 6/5 :)
ExCeLLeNT_T... keep it Updated

Level 3
What a "black metal" heroes are out there!!:goblin_yeah: The very Omnislasher with 2 "Frostmorns" looks great, and that Poltergeist black, with scythe, LOVE IT. Even me, while reading descritions of heroes skills was a bit :eek:o_O due to they are so blackest arts. 5/5 for these things. But soon i realized it mostly damn multi oriented( Even Pve arena was disabled, as i got it.
-Very tall terrain/cliffs very annoying
-Assassin is not that safe/dodgy hero as i might judge he must be, typical fighter. In advance reply: get invis once/60sec? its not that good.