• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Set unit level with triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, how do you change the unit level with triggers? Or is there a JASS code that can do this?

• I cannot use Custom Value because indexer already uses it, and I already used Point Value to store the range of the unit (since triggers can't get the range of the unit).
• Unit level, not hero level.

Last edited:
Never tried myself, but if you use Warcraft III version 1.31 (latest), "Unit - Set Unit Integer Field" and choose "ulev"

upload_2019-9-13_19-50-42.png

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Just adding this as a note. A unit indexer allows you to store information like this.

You could create an Integer variable with an Array named UnitLevel. Then set it upon creating the unit:
  • Set Level
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Entire map)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set CustomValue = (Custom value of TempUnit)
      • Set UnitLevel[CustomValue] = (Level of TempUnit)
  • Increase Level
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Level Up
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set CustomValue = (Custom value of TempUnit)
      • Set UnitLevel[CustomValue] = (UnitLevel[CustomValue] + 1)
Obviously you would have to trigger everything around this variable. For example, an ability like Charm that can only target a certain level of units would have to be triggered.

Last edited:
Level 3
Never tried myself, but if you use Warcraft III version 1.31 (latest), "Unit - Set Unit Integer Field" and choose "ulev"
just tried - works perfectly, you can also track current level with BlzGetUnitIntegerField with a param UNIT_IF_LEVEL

JASS:
native BlzGetUnitIntegerField                      takes unit whichUnit, unitintegerfield whichField returns integer

Status
Not open for further replies.