• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Seraphic Summoner

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Well I created this icon based on Seraphic Summoner Skin. Wich is basically a edit of a screenshot, and I think it can be usefull to someone...
Contents

Seraphic Summoner (Icon)

Reviews
San
San
Make the background black so we can focus more to the unit. This edited screenshot icon is not decent enough for approval. You may also check out the tutorials.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Once again, I don't understand why someone needs permission to essentially draw fan-art (and in a way that only adds to, rather than detracts from, the resource).

The icon is a good start, but for one, units/heroes tend to have a black background behind their portrait in the BTN, and also you're gonna want to zoom in on his head; take a look at the standard Hero icons for a good idea.

Once again, I don't understand why someone needs permission to essentially draw fan-art
Actually, there is no rule stating that you'd need any permission to make or draw an icon for a model by looking at the Icon Submission Rules and General Resource Rules, dunno why some of the reviewers often ask for it. If they ask because it's just a screenshot, the moderation is obvious: substandard.

Respective rules are just there to specify the different position of a drawn icon and a heavily modified screenshot, which would be approved if they meet the standards, or a pure screenshot, which would go to substandard; to separate quality content from none-standard ones. General icon techniques matter is another thing (that would set the bundle to awaiting update, which would give an opportunity to the author for an improvement, which is good nonetheless). This is just purely a screenshot, so went to substandard. That's all!

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Actually, there is no rule stating that you'd need any permission to make or draw an icon for a model by looking at the Icon Submission Rules and General Resource Rules, dunno why some of the reviewers often ask for it. If they ask because it's just a screenshot, the moderation is obvious: substandard.

Respective rules are just there to specify the different position of a drawn icon and a heavily modified screenshot, which would be approved if they meet the standards, or a pure screenshot, which would go to substandard; to separate quality content from none-standard ones. General icon techniques matter is another thing (that would set the bundle to awaiting update, which would give an opportunity to the author for an improvement, which is good nonetheless). This is just purely a screenshot, so went to substandard. That's all!
... While I appreciate the primer on icon reviewing guidelines, only the first paragraph really responds to my question, which was "why do they (icon reviewers) ask for it as if it's a requirement?"