• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Sentinels Shield

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Description: A natural wall stands firmly between the center of a battlefield, it has outlasted the warring civilizations itself. expansions are few and hard to protect and bases aren't any more secure, this map provides an intense game from start to finish.

This map is meant to be a challenge for all players, as there are limited resources and expansions are hard to defend. There is also only 2 expansions per 3 players so a decision must be made within a team, this also promotes unit value as resources are limited. The bases are all undermine-able except for the two middle players who are already disadvantaged. The two valleys and the two wall entrances are easy to defend with some nice vantage points for a good method of map control cutting off the enemies access to your side of the map.

This is a standard Melee Map designed for the normal 4 warcraft 3 races and the maps layout requires a new style of gameplay. Its designed for a 3 versus 3 game but 2 versus 2 or a one on one should do fine.

Please test, please review and I would much appreciate it.
Thank you and enjoy!

Keywords:
Sentinels Shield, Sentinels, Shield, Melee, Autumn, Fall, Lordaeron, 3v3, 3 v 3
Contents

Sentinels Shield (Map)

Reviews
20:25, 31st May 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected I believe the design of the map is all wrong. The lanes in the middle are good, but the bases should be done differently: blue and yellow have a better natural buffer to protect them. Try to do something...

M

20:25, 31st May 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected

I believe the design of the map is all wrong.
The lanes in the middle are good, but the bases should be done differently: blue and yellow have a better natural buffer to protect them.
Try to do something similar (though start with a new map, and choose 'initial water level: shallow' if you didn't do so already).
Work on polishing the terrain and balance it as much as possible.

Ok let see... Sentinels Shield

Things that i like:

1st - Map is balanced
2nd - Birds

Things that I don't like:

1st - Map Description
2nd - Terrain is poor, add more tiles to ground
3th - 10 Gold Mines for 6 players (grrrrr)
4th - You spammed some doodads like Cattail
5th - Some creeps don't drop items (Dragon level 10 and Ogre Lord level 7 for example)
6th - No creeps at starting locations
7th - There is room between trees, small units can hide there
8th - Shadows aren't calculated
9th - No Tavern

Word or 2 to Author:

Fix description dude, map preview and good description are the best way to promote your map! Here check this one: Click and this one also: Click again

Here are also Map Rules just to read them once again if nothing else

I will give you 1/5 mark and must vote for rejection and report map to moderator!
You can use Map Development forum for unfinished maps or maps like this one!

If moderator reject your map don't upload it again, instead when you finish your map just update this one and ask moderator to unlock it so people can leave comments etc etc!

Here: Map resource moderation

1/5 Vote for Rejection
Map is Reported