• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

SelectionCircle.blp

I never really liked the default selection circle much so I thought it could use a rework.

Import the selection circle three times with each individual under these paths:
ReplaceableTextures\Selection\SelectionCircleSmall.blp
ReplaceableTextures\Selection\SelectionCircleMed.blp
ReplaceableTextures\Selection\SelectionCircleLarge.blp

Keywords:
simple, smooth, circle, selection, selected, UI
Contents

SelectionCircle.blp (Texture)

Reviews
16:51, 6th Dec 2014 Kwaliti: Useful.
Be sure to comment on anything that you would like to see different.
I might make some more simple texture stuff like this in the future to upload to try and make Wc3 look nicer so be sure to tell me any ideas you have (under consideration).

Just some simple Photoshop skills were used.

Enjoy.

Edit:
Just attached Photoshop and png file so I don't have to keep it on my PC.

Attachments

• SelectionCircle.pdf
    74.8 KB · Views: 309
  • SelectionCircle.png
    SelectionCircle.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:
Level 26
An idea for future skins that you could make, I'm thinking about making a Age of Empires 1 melee, for Warcraft. To that end, What about trying to make a isometric box selection circle? It looks easy enough.

For those that don't know what isometric means, here's a picture. http://www.kirupa.com/developer/isometric/images/tp1.gif

Basically, a to b, that's what I mean, you don't have to worry about c. The c is for me, for model making.
I think I'll start this thing while my friend helps me get the final terrain part out enough to drive my map into beta.

Anyhow, apologies for ranting a little.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. ^ It's why I set it under every catagory to say it can fit with any map (is that legal O-o)?

Btw it would be nice to see this moderated soon.

An idea for future skins that you could make, I'm thinking about making a Age of Empires 1 melee, for Warcraft. To that end, What about trying to make a isometric box selection circle? It looks easy enough...

I'll be sure to put it into consideration. :p
I'll notify you if I get a result.

It looks like the LoL selection, nice! It could be a little transparent though, its presence is a little too strong.

I never really thought of LoL's selection circle before (haven't played it much).
Yeh designing these things are always a little iffy. I was thinking of making the thicker part of the circle thinner, but idk if I mess with it to much it won't look enough like what I was aiming for.

I do agree that it is more intense than the default selection circle though.

Level 22
@Mythic: I love how strong its presence is though.
@DeathChef: It looks lovely, I hope there's more.