1. The poll for our 11th Music Contest is up! Help us choose the most awesome cinematic tracks by casting a vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice

[General] Selection Bug?

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Daethz, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Daethz

Daethz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Several people are reporting Selection bugs on my LoaP (LoaP Ascension).

What could even cause this?
    From what I gather they lose the ability to click things.

Theres nothing in the game that messes with the players ability to select units.

2. Daethz

Daethz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They also report that the more players they have in the game in multiplayer the more the selection bug happens.

3. Veritas 117

Veritas 117

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do you ever disable user control for players? There might be something that happens where it doesn't get enabled again.

4. Daethz

Daethz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nope, the only thing that even theoretically does is a rarely used dialog popup

5. Daethz

Daethz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I wonder if my trigger that applys a custom camera height every 0.01 seconds could be causing this lol, i really need to find a way to keep custom camera heights even when using the mouse scroll wheel without refreshing it 100 times a minute.

6. SoooK

SoooK

Resources:
    Resources:
    • Game - Acticate pre-selection functionality (Deactivate pre-selection circles, life bars, and object info)
    • Game - Activate drag-selection functionality (Deactivate drag-selection box)
    • Game - Activate selection and deselection functionality (Deactivate selection circles)

Are you sure, that you never use these functions?

7. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It sounds like something is going wrong with synchronization of selections, or what @SoooK suggested. Is there any pattern or point in time when the selections stop working?

Also, is this your map?

8. Daethz

Daethz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Im sure, The only place I have added them is player commands in the attempt to fix the bug, but in the game these are Never used.

Players report they can fix it by clicking on a doodad.

I keep trying to find any kind of fix but nothing seems to help.

9. Daethz

Daethz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    From what I can gather it starts happening later in the game, atm im having a second issue of leaks piling up and crashing the game after hours of play, so i have been focused on fixing leaks.

Yes that's my map, LoaP Ascension.

10. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    If you can upload a few replays which show it happening it might help determine a pattern.

Another thing I would suggest is replacing all of your
    TriggerSleepAction
    's (GUI Wait action) with
    PolledWait
    as normal waits can cause all kinds of odd issues. PolledWait gets around it by also using timer.

I know in the past when developing my sync system I ran into the same issue, although I can't remember what I did to cause it.

11. Daethz

Daethz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i removed probably 30 different waits from my game, pruning them down to only the absolutely necessary ones like boss respawns.
    Apparently It didn't help at all.
    What does it actually do? Is it guaranteed to work constantly in unison with potentially three dozen other polled waits?
    If someone rushes through the forest boss region of my map slaughtering everything quickly there could be somewhere between two and three dozen active respawn timers.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019 at 8:23 PM
  12. Daethz

Daethz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    From what I have read polled waits only help with de-syncs, people on my map are having straight up loss of mouse function.
    Disabling the npc talk on click trigger did nothing, fixing a million region leaks did nothing, other than fix the late game crashing from memory use.
    Disabling my camera trigger that runs every 0.1 seconds to set the camera to a player defined height, did nothing.

I even combined a bunch of reoccurring events into one timer to cut down on running scripts, and it still hasn't helped.
    Also I used variables to define specific units every time I use a forced selection, even that hasn't helped.
    "Selection - Select PlayerWisps[1] for Player 1 (Red)"

At this point im thinking Wc3 is just overwhelmed by my map and bugging out.

13. Daethz

Daethz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I wonder if the Wc3 map optimizer 5.0 that I use to optimize and protect my game could be at fault, I use default settings with a autodetect buffer size.