• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Selection problem/bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have a problem, i recently imported a unit into my map.
this unit: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/wraith-lord-104995/?prev=d=list&r=20&c=4&t=2
Now, that itself is not a problem, however, when selecting the hero, there seems to be a huge problem. Even though i click very far away from him, and it's nothing near the model himself, i "choose" him, it works that way in-game as well... if i ask someone to go anywere near him, they'll follow/attack him.
The selection circle is not nearly this big, and if i hold down my mouse and drag it to select more units, he is only selected if i mouse over him correctly.

I have never tried this before, and i have often imported models, any help will REALLY be a appreciated!

Level 3
No, that is only the visual selection scale, it doesn't change the size in which you actually select the unit, unfortunately, i tried it, didn't change anything.
The selection scale fits perfectly graphically as well.

Level 19
I have a problem, i recently imported a unit into my map.
this unit: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/wraith-lord-104995/?prev=d=list&r=20&c=4&t=2
Now, that itself is not a problem, however, when selecting the hero, there seems to be a huge problem. Even though i click very far away from him, and it's nothing near the model himself, i "choose" him, it works that way in-game as well... if i ask someone to go anywere near him, they'll follow/attack him.
The selection circle is not nearly this big, and if i hold down my mouse and drag it to select more units, he is only selected if i mouse over him correctly.

I have never tried this before, and i have often imported models, any help will REALLY be a appreciated!

what would also be appreciated is your map please :|

Level 19
Its not i saw that model in a map and it worked just fine. if u want to see it its quite a long ways in.

Level 3
Well... i found a new model by now, so no worries, however, i'm pretty sure it's the model, there could be ways of changing it, like making a little version of it, and then giving that unit an aura that would draw it full-size, however, i found a new model. Keep in mind that there is a model that reminds of this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.