• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Secret Snow Valley

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

Secret Snow Valley

*************************(1v1 Or 2v2)*****************************

I've seen some melee maps this week, and i think that NO ONE (Credits to : Gianni-rivero) works hard to made a really beautifull map ... Please, when you make a map, give us your best to do a nice map.

This map is only an exemple to show you how make a nice Melee map =)

ScreenShot

Enjoy !

-RaZz)oR

Keywords:
Snow, Northrend, Melee, Valley, RaZz)oR, Mountain, Secret Snow Mountain
Contents

Secret Snow Valley (Map)

Reviews
13:04, 15th Jan 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Rejected (Until Updated) Broken Rules: / Comment

M

13:04, 15th Jan 2011
-Kobas-:
Map Status: Rejected (Until Updated)
Broken Rules:
/
Comment

Level 24
I've seen some melee maps this week, and i think that NO ONE (Credits to : Gianni-rivero) works hard to made a really beautifull map ... Please, when you make a map, give us your best to do a nice map.

This map is only an exemple to show you how make a nice Melee map =)
>Map only has 2 different tiletypes throughout the whole map
>No doodads
>Not symmetrical

Would almost believe you are a troll.

Level 5
This is just an exemple ... Maybe u can do it better than me ! =)
If you dont, dont talk anymore THX ^^

2 different tiletypes throughout the whole map

Yeah right but still a melee map >_<

No doodads

No doodads ?? Doodad => Wood/Destructible => Wood ...

Not symmetrical

Right !! u're good ! OmG ! but this map still an exemple and Still better than what you can do :p (Let's do it!!)

$

Thanks You Too =)

Level 7
>No doodads
>Not symmetrical

Off topic: Whats wrong with trolls, their the best race to exist. :ogre_datass:

Back on topic: ...It's not a symmetrical as stated... I can't stress how bad this is... People are going to have HUGE advantages/disadvantages and unless you rig your games with cheats you don't want that... And if you do then you shouldn't.
But i'm not going to be overly strict on judging it... It IS a melee map, thus I imagine it's your first map as most melee maps are the first step... But you need practice, noone starts out a professional.

Terrain...

- Non-Symmetrical (Fix this and it'll become alot better, trust me.)
- Very few doodads (Not much to say here, its... Barren, I understand its a melee map and its also a snowy tileset which tend to be quite barren, but that doesnt mean there wont be a rock or two or something in the lands

If you have trouble with Symmetrization im sure theres tutorials or if your extremely devoted hand place every single tree, yes this will take a while but it leads to a perfectly symmetrical map, however their are other ways to get symmetrization.

Best of luck to you fixing these problems.

Level 1
>No doodads
>Not symmetrical

What's wrong with it not being symmetrical, from the looks of it, the teams starting areas look pretty balanced, and besides, melee maps dont need to be symmetrical, in fact they are a lot cooler without symmetricysm, because it's a lot harder to make a balanced map that isnt symmetrical, because you dont just have to do everything to each side.

Moderation

Secret Snow Valley
Created by RaZz)oR ; Uploaded by: ToPsYoNe

Item Drops are really bad 95% of all neutral hostile units drop items some even more than 1!
Another bad thing is center of the map, 2 gold mines are 2 close, create river or cliff there instead of trees, this way you can easily destroy trees and attack enemy base!

Map status: Rejected (Until Updated)
Please if you decide to improve map just update this one and send message to us, we will unlock thread for you once again!

Broken Rules:
/
Thread Cleaned:
/