• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Secret Project. Selecting Beta testers now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Well, what I'm saying is you can set the unit classification to worker, but if a worker-classed unit attack another worker-classed unit, it WILL attack back on its own.

The only way I found was to set the 'attacks allowed' to none, then make a direct-damage spell into an attack. Then all you need to do is make triggers so that it LOOKS like the unit attacks, even though it's casting a spell.

You'll also need to set the stat "Can flee" to 'Off', or it will run after it's hit.

Level 5
That "can flee" was a huge problem for me too :)
In my upcoming project i gave a marine a "worker" classification so it does not attack units.

When a stupid zombieman shot it it turned around, making it very hard to engage that stupid zombie again (tho i implanted a move: 180 deg spin, but that's not particulary good it you always have to 180deg spin if you got shot by a stupid zombieman)

Anyway if anyone can answer this:
what are the differences between classifications? i never figured out what does "suicide", "giant", "ancient", "tree", "walkable"
i know they matter in deciding the valid targets of a spell/attack (like "tauren", "undead" - but these ones are at least diaplayed.), but do they do anything useful? (i mean ward: removes command buttons; worker: makes it not to attack, and considers it as an idle worker if does nothing; Town Hall: valid target for TP and if you don't have any in a meele-like game you'll be revealed.)

Sorry for off...

And good luck for the project. I know it will be ... (don't want to reveal the secret project) - so it will be the same as mine or at least very similar...

Level 6
Well, for the ones you didn't already say, I'd say: Tree means you can harvest it for lumber. Walkable means units can go over/through it. Ancient, giant and suicide have really got me, though.

Level 6
Well, I'll give this one a go, too.

For starters, which kind of trigger are you using? If you feel you could tell me (here or in a pm if you don't want anyone else to know), an exact trigger would be appreciated aswell. I understand if you don't want to tell me, top secret and all. But if you don't want to give me that, I'll see what I can do with any information you feel you CAN give me. As soon as I get anything on this, I'll see if I can find an answer.

Level 6
Oh, well, THAT's more like it. Your last one made it sound like you had the right trigger and everything but you just had an error with it.

The filter you'll want to use it the "Advanced Filter", under Cinematics.

Events:
Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions:
Actions
Wait 0.50 seconds (This is set for footman's attack speed, you may want to screw around a bit with this to get the right delay for your units' attack speeds) Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching ((Owner of (Attacked unit)) Equal to (Matching player))) and do (Cinematic - Apply a filter over 0.50 seconds using Normal blending on texture White Mask, starting with color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) and 0.00% transparency and ending with color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) and 100.00% transparency)

That ought to do it. By the length of that it looks more complicated than it really is.

Level 6
If you'd been reading this, you'd know that when Sopho chooses the beta testers, she'll pm them. On that note, I don't think she's chosen them yet if she hasn't finished the map.

(BTW, Sopho, I have to ask, ARE you a girl, like lorothring says? It's just I've never really seen you say, so.... :oops:)

Level 6
Technically, you're right. But at first glance this is about "Beta Testers", and so it looks off-topic enough. Besides, more people come to off-topic than 'maps', so this makes for better publicity.

Level 21
I like it in the offtopic because because its not released yet and is not completely focused on wc3 currently. I still havent done everything yet, a few more sounds needed.

I also have some bad news. My WC3 has problems connecting to battle.net. I cant install it on another computer because I am not allowed, how will I be the host hmmmm... I cant let you guys do it all.

Level 6
Woah woah woah, slow down there. You're not saying beta testing is off, are you?! Try reinstalling it, checking for updates for your internet, or.... or.... SOMETHING! Just don't call off the beta testing unless it's last resort, please!!!

Level 6
Ok Darkshadow, I'll be taking your word over lorothring's. I was just confused, I thought Sopho was a guy, then people start saying he's a girl, then others say he's a guy, and I'm like "Whoa".

Level 10
Level 6
Well, have you tried reinstalling it? Checking all the files to make sure none are corrupt? Sorry, I've never had your problem so I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm better with maps 8)

Level 4
Sopho if you have win-rar you can zip your map with a password and then send it to a friend. Don't know if you can use win-zip etc. :!:

Level 6
Huzzah! :D :D :D

So, you decide on beta testers in the time that your WC3 was down, or do you have yet to do that?

BTW- You realize you made this thread 3 months ago, saying you were picking the beta testers. :lol:

Level 7
Can me and rtm2 be beta testers rtm2 is a godlike triggerer/jass/cinematics and im just...good at spotting bad stuff and balancing so you wouldnt mind sopho?

Level 6
Yes, I have it, and yes, that is. The sig makes the changing process look like it in steps when it's really one fluid change, but it's basically what the evil change looks like. It just misses the most evil looking one, where the horns a little bigger than that, black and cracked, and the eyes glow red. :twisted:

BTW- That first one is him when he's a kid, second is when he's a teen.

Status
Not open for further replies.