• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Secret Project. Selecting Beta testers now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've just found this topic (tho it's quite old)

If it's Doom i think we'll have a serious competition between us! (look at my sig)

I have started that project almost 3 month ago, and well, what can i say i have all the sounds from Doom1, so it'll sound exactly like the old classic. Most of the weapons are done. I'll use models from this site to do it, and it will be powered by the InstaGib 2.0 engine (the final version of the same
InstaGib uploaded to this site)

It'll be a whole campaign with all the orginal weapons from doom1 with the exception of the chainsaw and the fists, tho the story will be similar to the doom1 story, but the maps will be different.

Since i know almost every data of every monster and weapon, i feel it'll be extremely accurate to the original doom. Perhaps even strafing will be implanted i dunno. My concern is now the monsters accuracy in move speed and firepower, and to attach some sounds to the attacks (all original doom sounds).

also possible that i'll implant the original doom fonts, but what's sure is i'll implant the transition maps and the titlepic.

so i think if you're doing doom, then fear me :D

(oh and even my avatar is the most fearsome monster in doom2: the ArchVile so i'm on the Doom with full power)

Level 4
Beta tester request

I would like to be a part of this beta because I love war3 mapes based off of other games movies and such.

I am interested becasue the skin and the plasma bolt intrige me about the content and the quality and I've seen and used your workand they are simply breath taking.

I would be able to help in this map bebcause I have at least 2 to 4 hours a day to play it and report bugs, problems, suggestions, ect.

I appreciate your consideration

~Fg-Dark_Monk

Level 6
I believe I would make a good tester.

I don't go screwing around when I know I shouldn't be, for one thing. If I give criticism, it's always constructive, never mindless spam about "omg this is suxx0rs make it better", y'know how idiots work...
I AM mature... I'm the most mature person I know. I could do well with this map, because I have an eye for bugs and problems and the likes of those, I suppose you COULD call me a perfectionist... but I wouldn't be a hassle, because it's not my work. I'd have a lot of time to beta test your map, nothing better to do with my time to tell you the truth :lol::?. I think I could work well as a beta tester. I'm also very interested in this map... whatever it's based on, I'd say it looks good from the little tidbits we have.

Level 21
Answered already...

for the last time, the selected beta testers will be PM'd. The project beta will be sent to their email.

I will post saying something similar to:

Beta testers chosen!
They have been PM'd and I have sent the project to them via email. Thank you so much for all of you others who participated. If you didnt get chosen, don't worry, the project will get released public once its in a non-beta form.

Level 6
Uuuuuh... Daveman, I don't think he picked them all yet (and I hope he didn't, not without me :lol:). He said he'd post when he had... that thing up there is just a test post, so we have an example of what he'll post when he IS done.

Level 12
What a ball buster, i was looking forward to it lol

Sopho dont get too modest (though i do know how it feels when people get let down on your account)

I'm sure it will be fun,
most have lowered their standards alot anyways so anything new will probably be fun anyway lol

Level 6
Hmmm... that's a kind of confusing way to put something. Sounds to me like you mean you don't want him to attack unless commanded to. As for the standing back part, I'm not sure what you mean.

However, if you want to know how to make it so the units don't attack enemies unless you command them to, simply change their classification to 'Worker'. But there is a flaw to this, and that is if a worker-class unit attacks another worker-class unit, the attacked unit with automatically attack back.

If you REALLY want to get it so they don't attack unless commanded to, your going to need to take away their attack, and make a spell/ability that you can use for their attack (or multiple of them if they're heroes and gain levels, one for every level's damage and/or attack speed).

If you want the unit to do the attack animation, too, you need to make the trigger here:

Events
Unit - <Unit casting the ability> Begins casting an ability
Note: I used the specific unit event in this trigger, but the event can be any of the specific, generic, or player-owned unit event. If it's specific, then you need to have the unit be resurrected when it dies.

Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to <Name of ability used to attack>

Actions
Wait 0.01 seconds
Animation - Reset <Unit>'s animation
Animation - Play <Unit>'s attack animation
Wait 1.00 seconds
Animation - Reset <Unit>'s animation

I hope this helps.

Level 8
Pick me as a beta tester i very serious at beta testing and im not afraid to say what i think and i can also tell you some ideas i have after playing the map! so what do you say? can I?

Level 6
Oh ya, you may also want to set the "Can Flee" stat to off, or they'll run after they're hit.

You may also want to do the attack sound by just copying that trigger and editing it to use the sound instead of the animation. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.